AVIC411.com

Sirius Display?

Sorry no pictures but you are correct. The Sirrius display is not too awesome. It will display the channel or artist or song or composer but not at once. You have to continually hit the display button to go through all of these different views.

There is however plent of room in the display to show all this information. The F Series however currently doesn't do it.

Hopefully in some coming firmware update?

I can confirm the display sucks. I am a Sirius transfer customer and if I were starting from scratch I would go with XM. I too hope the next SW release fixes this. There are MANY problems with the way things are displayed that software could easily fix. If you have HD radio, the display is not great either.

Its a hardware limitation from the DEI tuners, the next update ain't gonna fix it. 1 line is it

But if you think about it all of the information from the tuner is present. The headunit could automatically poll it to get the artist name and then the song title without forcing the user to cycle through the display. This should be pretty simple to accomplish in software.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think that reply was cranky at all.

The fact that 2 people had already confirmed that it was/is a hardware problem and wouldn't be a fixable issue before skicrave answered you is overkill.

Do you think you will get a different answer if you just keep asking the same question over and over again?

Skicrave is just a little cranky due to the flood of painfully redundant questions being posted elsewhere, (aka, "How do I get into TestMode?", "Are there any better TTS voices?", and "2D North up", etc, etc) and I can't blame him either. They made a great FAQ that helped me to get my new F700 up and running with several mods and people still don't take a second to read other posts/stickies.