AVIC411.com

New updates coming

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- not clearing the destination when we actually arrived at our destination ! (It's just annoying to touch the screen 4 times, with slow reaction, when we arrived at destination and need to stop the navigation !! 1) MENU > 2) NAVIGATION 3) CANCEL DESTINATION 4) CONFIRM !!! ...Annoying !!! ).

I admittedly am not on this forum as much as i should be, but this is the first time i have seen this mentioned, and i am glad i am not the only one..... that "bug" makes the Nav an absolute displeasure to use....

I'm still in amazement that these decks passed through Pioneer's QA department.... it's sad actually...

I concur, i have to "delete route" all the time to get it to shutup.

I concur, i have to "delete route" all the time to get it to shutup.

try turning off the master volume, it's great, i can set a route an no longer have the prompts.... i love it!

Are you kidding me? We want it to talk in use to promt us where to go. The complaint is that after you arrive at your destination it doens't clear itself and keeps telling you you've arrived.

- muting (or reducing, depending on the option we set) the volume of the FM Radio when giving instrucitons for the navigation (it does it for the MP3 files, but looks like they forgot it when listening to simple FM radio !).

Already done. Goto the source menu switch to "off". Hit menu button>settings>av settings>Lower left button says something about ATT/mute. That button is the toggle between mute and att for nav directions but it can only be changed when the av source is switched off.

Nope, i know that, but that's not what i meant. When in the option menu you mentionned i select (for example) ATT (=attenuate), it will attenuate any mp3 file in order to hear the navigation instructions... HOWEVER, if i'm listening to FM Radio (with that same option) it WON'T attenuate the radio when giving the instructions...

at least, that's what happenned last time. i'll try again in the next few days.

Just tested it again today, and i confirm this bug on my unit. (firmware EU 1.0020).

When listening to FM Radio, and using NAVigation to somwhere, the nav instructions are set to a level VERY low (barely hearable), and no matter if i put the volume of the Radio to 62 or to 10, the level of the nav instructions stay the same (estimated to be around level 10 ??).

I did check the Audio configuration, moving the General and Audio Bar left to right... this doesn't change a thing to this bug :s

But again, when on SD/USB mp3s, this bug doesn't exist and volume of the nav will be xx level above the general volume (as set to be in the audio configuration).

you are not alone on this one. this is exactly the same problem i'm having. i stop listening to radio now when i have to use navigation...

Well...I just called pioneer today and they told me there is NO update coming or they (IE customer serivce) has not recieved word that a firmware update will be coming in octocber or anytime soon....

I'm sorry, I just don't believe that to be true. No way Pioneer just leaves this as is. I'm more likely to believe the person you talked to has no idea what you're talking about...as is usually the case. They never know anything other than what's written in front of their face.

If it is true...they just sold a lot of units from other manufacturers...

Well...I just called pioneer today and they told me there is NO update coming or they (IE customer serivce) has not recieved word that a firmware update will be coming in octocber or anytime soon....

I'm sorry, I just don't believe that to be true. No way Pioneer just leaves this as is. I'm more likely to believe the person you talked to has no idea what you're talking about...as is usually the case. They never know anything other than what's written in front of their face.

If it is true...they just sold a lot of units from other manufacturers...

Well Thats what the person told me..I would only think that customers service would know something....but they did say that there was going to updates in the lifetime of the F-series but they aren't coming anytime soon.

I called our rep yesterday after reading a thread on here about it, and he said one will be released next week. I imagine the people answering the phones are just that, cheap labor hired to answer a phone...not actually know anything

Maybe we should differencitate the EU version and the US version.

What i heard is the EU version is gonna release a major update.

I just went to "Mondial de l'Automobile 2008" in Paris today, and went to the Pioneer stand. (in building "2/1")

Of course i saw the Avic F900BT there and went to the setup to check what version is installed... well the instaleld version was : 1.0024**

(** = other numbers i don't remember)

so they had already firmware 24 ! (as a reminder, the current online one is nr. 20 ).

I Went to see the guy from pioneer to tell him how disapointed i was about the product and if it was true that a major update was coming and when ?

He didn't tell me when exactely (maybe next month?) but told me that Pioneer listened to the customers and many bugs were fixed, the following are some of them :

- start up in approximately 25 seconds now

- play MP3 on SD till the end of the mp3.

- Rear camera view bug fixed (I didn't noticed any real bug about it though...)

- and many more...

Hopefully all he said was true and he didn't just told me "yes" to all my questions in a hope to see me more satisfied of Pioneer...

Wait and see...