AVIC411.com

East Coast Disc FTP Information Contained in this post.

I downloaded the CNDV-80MT East disc and i have a AVIC-D1. I burned the iso normally in nero and it would not update, I reburned in Alcohol 120% with the booking feature box checked and still no go. Keeps saying invalid disc. Im gonig to try the dvd decrypter method with the custom session layer break but i dont have high hopes. Can these maps even be used on the D1?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I just down loaded the 2008 east disk off a site. It came as an ISO file. I took the ISO file and burned it onto a Verbatim 2.4x, 8.5GB, DVD+R, Dual Layer disk. The program I used to burn it was ImgBurn and I set the burn speed to 1x, which is the slowest option available to me. It took 40 minutes to burn it and another 30 minutes to verify it.

After it was 100% finished burning and verifying, I put it in my AVIC-D3 and it immediately started to update it. It took a minute and now it's all updated and everything works 100%.

I couldn't be any more happier right now! And it's thanks to this wonderful and helpful forum and the members in it!

Thanks everyone! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded, burned the ISO, and "upgraded" my D3 several months ago when it was first available... and ever since then, my D3 has been freezing, resetting, and blanking out periodically. Has anyone had these issues? Could it have been corrupted or a bad burn? How can I revert back to the old disk or format and reinstall?

Thanks

I just down loaded the 2008 east disk off a site. It came as an ISO file. I took the ISO file and burned it onto a RIData 8x, 8.5GB, DVD+R, Dual Layer disk. The program I used to burn it was ImgBurn and I set the burn speed to 1x, which is the slowest option available.

After it was 100% finished burning and verifying, I put it in my AVIC-D3 and it immediately started to update it. It took a minute and now it's all updated, however I am getting errors and lockups using the map on routes, and just driving around without a route.

Has anyone been sucessful in actually using there burned DVD for a few days?? If so, please post your DVD brand, speed you burned, and what software and OS you used.

Thanks, Scott K.

I downloaded, burned the ISO, and "upgraded" my D3 several months ago when it was first available... and ever since then, my D3 has been freezing, resetting, and blanking out periodically. Has anyone had these issues? Could it have been corrupted or a bad burn? How can I revert back to the old disk or format and reinstall?

Thanks

This happens to me now too. Maybe once a month, when I start the car the screen will either be all black, or stay on one screen, but still play the radio. I can cycle through modes by pressing the volume knob in, but the screen does not change and there are no beeps. I then have to shut the car off, wait 30 seconds or so, start it back up, and the splash screen is blank, and all the other backgrounds reset to original. Very frustrating.