AVIC411.com

How is ur CNDV-80MT update so far?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since i'm anti apple I don't own an iPod and instead chose to load a dvd up with my music. I have it organized in folders by genre then artist then album.

So at the root of the disk i'd have rock, country, rap...

Inside of Rock I'd have Aerosmith, Pantera, etc...

Inside of Aerosmith there would be Pump, Get a Grip, Nine Lives ...

then inside pump i'd have the actual tracks. This makes it easy enough to find stuff. This all worked great most the time, yes it was a bits slow and sometimes cumbersome I got used to it.

With the new update the whole "browser" is gone All i can do is advance tracks with my disks. It doesn't display the files/folders or tracks just shows me what is playing nothing else.

Anyone else notice this? did they do that on purpose or was my update corrupt?

is it me or are the new disc keeping the map oriented north? I could have swore on the old disc it would adjust the map so you were always driving up on the map and then the little compass on the right pointed to where north was. I believe now the map and compass stay at the northern position. Is this right or am I just crazy?

is it me or are the new disc keeping the map oriented north? I could have swore on the old disc it would adjust the map so you were always driving up on the map and then the little compass on the right pointed to where north was. I believe now the map and compass stay at the northern position. Is this right or am I just crazy?

:shock: I would say your crazy for not reading how to work the damn thing. Hit the little compass pointer in the bottom right corner.

:shock: I would say your crazy for not reading how to work the damn thing. Hit the little compass pointer in the bottom right corner.

LOL! What does that do exactly, I never had to do it before. BTW there's still about a dozen things I probably still don't know how to do.

mbegan buy an iPod and don't worry about it or listen to satellite radio or regular radio. Are you against Apple for making products that work?

The little compass will switch between your screen always pointing north or your beacon always facing up no matter what direction you are going

mbegan buy an iPod and don't worry about it or listen to satellite radio or regular radio. Are you against Apple for making products that work?

no just anti-apple in general.

I guess i had more of a question as to weather that was a feature of the new maps or a bug specific to me more then it was me looking for product advice.

Can anyone else comment on the question? did they take out the nice disc folder browsing feature or did i have a botched update?

Thanks

-Matt

I'm anti-Microsoft .. but broke down and got an XBOX 360 .. and am enjoying it ... Even if you are anti-Apple .. I recommend an iPod. I could not imagine my D3 without one ...

I guess i had more of a question as to weather that was a feature of the new maps or a bug specific to me more then it was me looking for product advice.

Can anyone else comment on the question? did they take out the nice disc folder browsing feature or did i have a botched update?

Thanks

-Matt

I'm anti-Microsoft .. but broke down and got an XBOX 360 .. and am enjoying it ... Even if you are anti-Apple .. I recommend an iPod. I could not imagine my D3 without one ...

Thanks

-Matt

God forbid anyone answer the question.

Thanks

-Matt

God forbid anyone answer the question.

My guess is that most people have an iPod and therefor do not use their DVD drive for much more then movies and the Nav disc. I know that is the case with me

i finally downloaded the files and burned my disk. put it in, the upgrade looked like it went fine. then, i tried to do a POI search to see if it was any better.. I cant set my region! the USA map is set at 0, and when i press it, it just sets me back at the main map.

after doing that oh.. about 20 times in frustration and say 'uhh???'.. the D3 starts freakin out at me, and now it would suddenly reboot while driving and give me a black screen while the radio is playin. Once i got the inappropriate disk message and then it FINALLY mapped me to my destination, but now my POI search buttons, etc are all greyed out.

am i fubared??

edit.. one thing i noticed, is the boot screen says copyright 2008, release 5/2008, yet they didnt release it until october! WTF pioneer

well i just updated mine, parts of the map are missing and they are replaced by 1inX1in squares or random colors. On top of that a good portion of the icon pictures are gone, and my top speed is around 320mph. This was a bigger pain than it was worth! all i wanted was the 355 extension in IL.

i duno what happend but two days have come and gone and all of the map is there now and all the icon pictures are back.