AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Increasing RAM WinCE to Improve System Response

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok boot into testmode then change the settings and Press OK once you are done turn your car off... the headunit will take a few extra seconds while its going through its own shutdown and once its at the off screen(black) removed the SD card and turn your car back on .... thats it

For those that are having issues with this mod, many people who have tried this already do notice a better response time because their changes are being saved.

If you really want to know if your WinCE settings are loaded each time you start your NAVI, go into Control panel and go under "Owner", there you can enter in your name and personal info, etc, it also gives you an option to display this info each time you boot. I enter my name and check this option. Next time I booted into the NAVI software, a info window pops up instead of the splash screen with my name displaying and with an option to press OK or Close. I just click close and my NAVI software switched back to normal. OK!! PEACE!!

Mine didn't save, but that's because I hit the hard reset button. I tried again and put the slider about 75% on the right, turned ignition off. I turned power back on, went back in to test mode and it was about 50-55%, not the place I left it. I wonder if you move it too far if it self adjusts??