AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Increasing RAM WinCE to Improve System Response

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Memory Settings are under system. Error reporting service is under "Error Reporting", both are located in the Control Panel in WinCE. Be sure to press OK after you make the changes. Also, if you set the memory for storage with a very low #, it will automatically reset itself to the default. 2048KB seems to stick for me and others.

for me to i cant seem to get it to Save it Keep Reseting back.. i went into System then memory lower it meaning move the Slider to the Left hit the Ok not X and then Error Reporting remove the Check from the Box Hit ok not the X reboot into WinCE and it went rite back to the Original Setting!

i tired different memory Setting but still nothing!

Well apparently is kind of placebo effect. I rebooted in safe mode and the changes were not saved. Also by mistake a created a new folder, then after rebooting on safemode the folder wasn’t there. One more thing… I calibrated the stylus in win CE (5.0) and every time that I reboot in safe mode I have to the same thing. So… I’m assuming that CE is not saving the changes. Try to change the virtual memory and then reboot again, see if the changes were applied.

DId all the steps but didnt know what you ment by restartin in navi mode?????

After chnging setting and exiting out of control panel. I just removed my SD card and hit the reset buton for 2 seconds. Is this right??

No, you turn the key off, and then you turn the key on. It restarts in nav mode, just like every other time you use it. Reseting the unit may reverse what you do to the system.

DId all the steps but didnt know what you ment by restartin in navi mode?????

After chnging setting and exiting out of control panel. I just removed my SD card and hit the reset buton for 2 seconds. Is this right??

No, you turn the key off, and then you turn the key on. It restarts in nav mode, just like every other time you use it. Reseting the unit may reverse what you do to the system.

DO i leave the SD card in?