AVIC411.com

Recommened SD Card for the F90bt...

Ifr you have a lot of music, I would recommend looking into buying an ipod. They have much larger storage capacity, they have much faster response time, and is is infinitely easier and faster to find the music that you are looking for. The file system type playback used by the SD card isn't very friendly if you're talking about a lot of files.

Ifr you have a lot of music, I would recommend looking into buying an ipod. They have much larger storage capacity, they have much faster response time, and is is infinitely easier and faster to find the music that you are looking for. The file system type playback used by the SD card isn't very friendly if you're talking about a lot of files.

True, plus you can use the voice feature which you can't use with the SD. Movies are ok on SD/USB but make sure it's the right resolution. I'm running a 16 gig USB drive on mine. Getting an IPOD is so much more convenient.

Yeah, but some of just hate all thing iPod (way over priced compaired to the competition IMO). My 120 GB 1.8" portable HD works quite well, costs less, and holds a heck of a lot more than any iPod in the $160 price range.

Does it power off the USB though or did you have to get an adapter?

Yeah, but some of just hate all thing iPod (way over priced compaired to the competition IMO). My 120 GB 1.8" portable HD works quite well, costs less, and holds a heck of a lot more than any iPod in the $160 price range.

True, it is more expensive. But you have to look at how much better the ipod is to use with the F-series units than an SD car or portable HD and IMO it kinda balances out the price difference.

I currently own a 30 Gb Ipod and all is well with that. I am fairly simple when it comes to my equipment though. I don't like the notion of leaving my ipod in my car when it is hot outside. Never tried. I am a set it, and forget it type of guy. Oh well, I will go with both then, that is why I chose this unit over the DNX5120. Probably taboo to mention. Sorry.

Online forums are definetly the way to go. Speaking with somebody in new deli India, going by the name of Marc, pails in comparison to the Subject Matter Expert's opinions and experiences that you guys so willingly devulge. SME's, I salute you.

Thanks, Thanks, Thanks,

McFly

P.S. Sorry about the whole misspelling of "Recommended" just noticed it while reviewing post.

For what it's worth, about a hour ago I accidentally ran my 2GB Kingston SD card through the washing machine and the dryer on high heat... and when I stuck it in my card reader to my surprise not only did the card still work, but all the data that was on it was still there and 100% usable.