AVIC411.com

IN PROGRESS: Access Possible service Menu?

PaQ that is exactly what I see however after about 10seconds my screen goes black so I have about 3seconds to enter the code and 7seconds to look through it I'm afraid to make a selection to perform any task because the screen goes black however the unit still runs until I push reset. Any ideas ? If I can stay in that menu for atleast a min I could explore our options more

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance that this is porting the video to a different output (such as the rear display)?

I hooked up a 5" LCD screen and connected the power to the battery, the screen came on, however i did not get video to it from the unit.

• 2 months later...

In order for the service menu to remain displayed longer than 10seconds, you will have to force your unit to do a hard reboot. This may/ may not damage your unit. My unit right now has shit the bricks and I no longer even see a splash screen. I went ahead and did the following:

(Press and Hold the reset button + eject + Menu + Map)

Next release the reset button, your speakers will make a pop noise.

Let go of eject after you hear the pop and then release the menu and map. Enter the code above and you will have unlimited and untimed access into the service menu to explore.

• 1 month later...

DO NOT PLAY AROUND IN SERVICE MODE!!!! this is how people brick there system. I would suggest unless you know exactly what you are doing only go to wince update option. There are other settigns that totally wipe your unit clean and is very hard to bring it back to life.

Great! So that's another verification.

my_black_RS5, what are the settings that become available in the service menu? Does it give options for the dvd region and/or FM tuner?

I don't recall exactly what other options there were but I used it to format the flash disk which allowed me to boot into test mode and upload firmware for the X910BT that I modded. Unfortunately the X710BT hardware doesn't support DVD playback so I don't know if there is a way to change the region code. I don't recall seeing anything about the FM tuner but I could be mistaken.

• 1 year later...