• East & West
    • Nope

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i made the mistake of downloading in vista the 4GB west file.... burned and tried to update, it updated then stopped and says please insert appropriate disc.

i came back, downloaded the 8GB version and burned. once i stuck it in it updated and then went back to "please insert approriate disc" again. what can i do now? am i screwed? is there a way to downgrade to the original version?

the unit(d3) doesn't respond to anything now... the OEM disc doesn't seem to help...

please help

i made the mistake of downloading in vista the 4GB west file.... burned and tried to update, it updated then stopped and says please insert appropriate disc.

i came back, downloaded the 8GB version and burned. once i stuck it in it updated and then went back to "please insert approriate disc" again. what can i do now? am i screwed? is there a way to downgrade to the original version?

the unit(d3) doesn't respond to anything now... the OEM disc doesn't seem to help...

please help

if the d3 is like the n1-n3 or d1-d2 YOU CAN BACK DATE THE DISC BY GOING INTO THE PIONEER SERVICE MENU YOU DO THIS BY PRESSING RESET BUTTON AND HOLD THEN HOLD EJECT AT SAME TIME THEN RELESE REST AND RELEASE EJECT AFTER THIS IS DO IT WILL SHOW "PRESS REST'' THEN WITH UR TOGGLE PRESS UP-RIGHT-UP-RIGHT-DOWN-RIGHT-DOWN-RIGHT FIND THE OPTION THAT SAYS FOURCE PROGRAM ENTER HERE AND FOURCE THE 1ST AND 3RD OPTION WITH YOUR ORIGINAL DISC AFTER THIS IS COMPLETED GO BACK TO MAIN SERVICE SCREEN AND RESET SAVED OPTIONS I BELIEVE #6 AFTER THIS IS DONE PRESS RESET BUTTON AND LET THE UNIT RESTART THEN YOU ARE DONE!

but the d3 doesn't have a toggle that can go up/right it only has a volume knob and forward/reverse seek buttons....

there's supposedly a procedure to get into the service menu but it requires the remote which i don't have...

any other ideas?

please help

if the d3 is like the n1-n3 or d1-d2 YOU CAN BACK DATE THE DISC BY GOING INTO THE PIONEER SERVICE MENU YOU DO THIS BY PRESSING RESET BUTTON AND HOLD THEN HOLD EJECT AT SAME TIME THEN RELESE REST AND RELEASE EJECT AFTER THIS IS DO IT WILL SHOW "PRESS REST'' THEN WITH UR TOGGLE PRESS UP-RIGHT-UP-RIGHT-DOWN-RIGHT-DOWN-RIGHT FIND THE OPTION THAT SAYS FOURCE PROGRAM ENTER HERE AND FOURCE THE 1ST AND 3RD OPTION WITH YOUR ORIGINAL DISC AFTER THIS IS COMPLETED GO BACK TO MAIN SERVICE SCREEN AND RESET SAVED OPTIONS I BELIEVE #6 AFTER THIS IS DONE PRESS RESET BUTTON AND LET THE UNIT RESTART THEN YOU ARE DONE!

Everything works and updated! Thanks so much!

ALSO!

I have a DL burner. I have downloaded and used both discs. Both work perfect in my N3 and N4.

If Anyone wants a copy, I can burn and mail a copy for $15 for both east and west discs SHIPPED. This is for the cost of the DVDs and for shipping, plus a couple dollars for gas to the DVD store and post office. Not looking to make any money off this, because jlong and rotun were so kind as to provide them for free, so if anyone does not have a DL burner, I can get you east and west that I know for a fact work, for $15.

pm or email me at

sk1n_w4lk3r AT yahoo DOT com

Thanks again guys, great work.

Everything works and updated! Thanks so much!

ALSO!

If Anyone wants a copy, I can burn and mail a copy for $15 for both east and west discs SHIPPED.

FIFTEEN BUCKS??? Maybe if you paid for the program in the first place, like the people that provided it to you..... You should pass it forward, the same way you got it, IMHO.

regards

~Marc