• Nope

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hense why I wasnt worried about upgrading Plummit. LOL

Look at all the problems people are having. If there was a firmware update on the disk for my D3 Id probably buy it. Maybe next year they'll come out with one.

I'm not holding my breath though.

Yes I agree, the "update" probably isn't necessary for most people. I bought it because I have an N3 installed in my work truck, and it really helps my plumbing business to be able to get to job sites fast. Just the time saved by not using the Thomas guide cuts down wasted time during the work day.

That said, I feel that most of the problems that people are having were brought on by trying to get something for nothing. They are DLing this program and not understanding the requirements to create a viable disc that can be used. AFAIK, no one that has upgraded with the original Pioneer disc (or exact copy) has had a problem. As always, YMMV.

regards

~Marc

With .iso's being so large of a file it is very easy for it to be corrupted during any part of the download, extracting & burning process, especially when you have a person trying to do all of the above and they are only at an amateur or lower level of using a pc. Then there's the type and health status of the pc they are attempting to do this on along with their connection and hardware used to access the internet or ftp for download. It's pretty much a guarantee those that are having problems are not setup with the experience or hardware for doing it correctly. As for the firmware....can anyone prove or disprove there is no update for any of the units it covers?

Plummit - DL Disks, shipping and time ain't free. A little bit of know-how can save you 15 bucks, but sounds like there's a lot out there who either don't know how, or don't have the means to make their own back ups.

I paid $1.40 for my Memorex Dual-Layer discs, so that's what, $3 for two? I just sent a disc to another user and the cost to mail was under $4. That $8 bucks total if you want to count pennies. When you consider that the upgrade was PROVIDED AT NO CHARGE here, (I paid full price for mine) I think that if you are going to help someone out then don't charge them "gas money".

Just get your copies made and make 1 trip to the post office to send them out for cost.

Anyway, as I said, that's my opinion and it's worth exactly what you paid for it.... :wink:

regards

~Marc

so plummit...explain what you mean by "an exact copy" of the original disks. Everyone on here who still has their D3 (and hasn't sold it yet) considers ISO files to be "exact copies"

Apparently not everyone downloaded an ISO file. There were several methods of getting the update that were put out there.

My "exact copy" was made off the original disc that I bought from Pioneer. I use the copy in my truck, and keep the original safe at home.

regards

~Marc

yeah, plum, 15 bucks. I got it for free. DL discs are expensive. I got 10 of them for $19.00 here at Circuit city. Postage is roughly $3.00 from the post office for a box (rather than crummy envelopes that will, and have in my past experiences, snapped discs in two.) And I don't think $7 is unfair for my time and gas to get to the post office to send them out, plus the HOUR each disc takes to burn.

Marc, all your posts are the same. You are an elitest and an arrogant fuck. All of your posts are condescending on people that don't want to pay for the disc. We get it. You can afford it. Great. You don't need to post in EVERY thread talking shit about people that want to share it.

and enough with the "regards" bullshit. You're a tool.

and who wants to pay for their copy of a disc then wait 10 days till I feel I have enough to make it worth it for a trip to the post office? $15 for a $120 product is not at all unreasonable. I hardly feel like I'll be made a millionaire for it. Not to mention the fact that to not waste a good DL disc I can hardly justify using my pc during a burn, so as to decrease possibilities of it causing a problem during burning. So for the hours of not being able to use my pc, the time to buy discs up front before knowing people will order copies, the time to burn them, pack them, ship them, gas, boxes, when all is said and done... I personally would've paid someone $15 to do it all for me. So yeah marc, as much as you preach about being able to afford a nice new GPS unit but not the

"food" for it you so often proclaim, $15 seems like an awful lot of cash for you.

Do us all a favor and quit posting in every topic. No one is impressed with a 67 post count, because 65 of them were spent with you saying the same bullshit.

$15 for a $120 product is not at all unreasonable.

So basically you're only paying "Thanks" to Jlong1987 for spending his time and money so that you can upgrade for free, but you want to be compensated for everything including your "loss of computer time"....

:roll:

regards

~Marc

Everything works and updated! Thanks so much!

ALSO!

If Anyone wants a copy, I can burn and mail a copy for $15 for both east and west discs SHIPPED.

FIFTEEN BUCKS??? Maybe if you paid for the program in the first place, like the people that provided it to you..... You should pass it forward, the same way you got it, IMHO.

regards

~Marc

$15 is not a bad price shipped if you look at the cost of Dual Layer DVDs and the cost of shipping. Not to mention the time involved with burning. Then if the money is sent through PayPal they have their fees to take out. So he is not gouging people out of money. The FTP is still available for people to download it if you want but there are the people out there that wont or can't download it and being able to pay $15 for it to be shipped to your door is not a bad deal. If you think $15 is to steep then don't pay it and stop bitching about it. I personally would be charging more because I value my time at a much higher rate

I have to agree with everyone that is telling you to stop posting Plummit I let people use my FTP for everyone to download it for free. If they want to waste their time selling both disc for $15 shipped to peoples door I can not complain about that. Hell If it were me I would charge $50 shipped and I don't even have the excuse of saying that I wouldn't be able to use my computer while it was burning as I have a DVD copier machine to do 10 disc at a time. If people want to pay $15 for the disc they shouldn't have to be worried about being badgered by you for buying it. Nor should people that are trying to help others out have to sift through post after post of your self righteous bullshit to see someone asking a question

Hi jlong,

I downloaded from the link and got a file called CNDV_80MT_East.zip.

When I try to open it with winzip version 6.0, I get an I/O error.

Other .zip files open correctly. Do I need a newer version of winzip?

I am using Verizon FIOS and have not had any download problems before.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

jlong,

I would highly recommend RARing the West disc for these reasons:

1. The download size will be less than half of an ISO file.

2. If someone's download doesn't finish and the file is corrupt, the file won't unRAR so that eliminates people trying to burn a corrupt ISO.

Zip will work too, but I think RAR is more efficient than ZIP when it comes to file size.