• East & West
    • Nope

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i tried burning the iso torrents that were created on here and posted on piratebay but the east disc keep getting sector errors when the verification process started. I used PowerISO and Nero 7 Ultra at the lowest possible settings. Sucks cause I'm deploying next tuesday and wanted a copy but I read on here if the verification process doesn't work don't even try it or you might be stuck with nothing. Oh well D3 can wait the 6 months till I get back. If anyone is still creating workable copies for a fair price help a soldier out will ya and send me a pm or post up and I'll be happy to paypal. Thanks.

i tried burning the iso torrents that were created on here and posted on piratebay but the east disc keep getting sector errors when the verification process started. I used PowerISO and Nero 7 Ultra at the lowest possible settings. Sucks cause I'm deploying next tuesday and wanted a copy but I read on here if the verification process doesn't work don't even try it or you might be stuck with nothing. Oh well D3 can wait the 6 months till I get back. If anyone is still creating workable copies for a fair price help a soldier out will ya and send me a pm or post up and I'll be happy to paypal. Thanks.

That's my torrent and I got it from here so.....

my unit was fairly FUBAR'd by either an incomplete download/upgrade from the previous update file posted on the forum from a the "N" model. probably my error since it worked for others. I was able to DL this file and burn the image to a disc using PowerISO. I reset my unit using the reset porthole on the upper left of the unit by the eject button with the new disc inserted. After the unit 'rebooted' it updated again -completely this time- and it works with all of the pre-upgrade functions (map icons and function etc etc etc). the unit starts faster when I turn on my car and it has 2008 copyright from pioneer as well 5/2008 from telatlas and infousa.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting the actual discs! I would also like to thank the people who posted the original disc even though it did not work for me. I appreciate being part of a community that has members that go way above beyond my greatest expectation of an online association. In kind, I do graphic design work and would be willing to, in my limited time, pay it forward by helping create a few backgrounds for those that may want/need them.

Guys,

If any of you can help, I'd greatly appreciate it. I have an AVIC-D3.

I downloaded the East disk (downloading the West also currently), and burned it. No problems, and everything went fine.

I slipped it into the head unit, and it began the update, which took maybe a minute. However, now it continues to tell me to "Insert appropriate disk" and will do nothing else. If I take it out, and put it back in, it does the "Checking disk" deal, and then immediately gives me the same message about the "inapproriate disk".

Help?!?!

Thanks,

Bryan

Guys,

I downloaded the East disk (downloading the West also currently), and burned it. No problems, and everything went fine.

I slipped it into the head unit, and it began the update, which took maybe a minute. However, now it continues to tell me to "Insert appropriate disk" and will do nothing else. If I take it out, and put it back in, it does the "Checking disk" deal, and then immediately gives me the same message about the "inapproriate disk".

Help?!?!

Thanks,

Bryan

try cleaning your dvd pickup lens with a lens cleaner also try different buning program as some work some dont

Guys,

Help?!?!

Thanks,

Bryan

it was said before on here but it did ring true. Make sure you do a verification after it completes the burn process. I tried both PowerISO and Nero 7 with Verbatim DL and when it went to verify it had bad sectors on both programs using two different disc. The torrent ones didn't work for me and I'm not going to try them in my D3 for the reason above.

rather than face the pain of a worthless D3 I might just give into pioneer for $120 and just get it. If it messes up then pioneer owes me a new one or a better one.

Actually, there's a whole bunch of lawyer-speak that comes with the discs, and they tell you that it MAY mess up and they aren't responsible if it does. YMMV

regards

~Marc

Ok, i tried every which way, and i cannot get this to work AT ALL.

All it keeps saying is insert appropriate disk. I have made a total of 6 cup coasters, and giving up.

Can someone PLEASE post exactly what process they did to get this to work?

If i knew this was going to put me out of a working nav unit, i would have never tried this.

Also, is there anyway to reverse this process without having a remote?

I have a D3.

hi all, just downloaded jlong CDNV-80mt for my AVIC-88DVD nav unit. The east coast disk was a zip file that i uncompressed to yield an iso image. i used nero to burn a verbatim dual layer +r DVD. No problems.

As far as install, here are the steps i used

1) left ignition on

2) car was outside(in case it needs a satellite feed)

3) ejected old dvd

4) inserted new CNDV-80mt

5) follow onscreen instuctions

6) upgrade went in two steps

7) when completed i pushed the tiny pin reset to reboot

8) done and working perfectly

Thank you again for all involved in this project

kenyakd

Ok, here is my status update.

After verifying ALL 6 downloads, and all 6 burns, i thought something was up with my unit itself since everything else checked out. So i bring all 6 dvds outside, try them all, reset the unit before and after each try, and still nothing.

Then while the dvd was in the unit, i tried pressing the reset and the eject at the same time, then let go of the reset and hold the eject for about 2 second, then let go. BINGO, that worked! Unit booted up, everything was fine! So i figured i would go for a little drive and make sure the nav worked 100%. Everything worked great, until i turned the car off, and restarted.

Now my D3 is saying, "please insert appropriate disk", and underneath it says "read error".

Anyone have any suggestions to try out? Maybe cleaning the lense? I dont think its dirty since i have only had it 3 weeks...

Has ANYONE had any luck? What programs did you use, what dvd disks, process of the burn, etc...

Also, is there anyway to reverse this process without having a remote?

I have a D3.

No, unfortunately not... I was in the same boat as you for the longest time until I bought a remote off of ebay. Took forever to get to me, but the same night I got it I was able to downgrade and now my nav works like new. Just no update...

Fortunately a very helpful forums member is sending me a working 80 disk in the mail right now. So i'm looking forward to that...

if you can't locate a working disk for yourself, get the remote. Old navigation is better then no navigation.

I too have a D3.