AVIC411.com

LeetLauncher v3.0!!!

Without reading 20 something pages, how practical is it to use this to get Garmin's interface for GPS, I hate the one that came with the F700BT. Im good at computers and will have no problem doing the mod, but is it buggy? Can you use the Garmin software in unison with your ipod or AM/FM seamlessly or is it a single application that you have to run and not run anything else?

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's possible and Leet's put in the launcher. However, the Garmin app is still buggy...it drops the GPS signal after a few seconds. Leet says he's working on it.

Gotcha, i'll just wait it out. Is the tomtom software still better than the pioneers?

Hello, I tried out the new launcher, it's really cool - awesome work. The iGo8 looks great, unfortunately at least on the one trip I took, it gave me bad routing, about 100 miles around the long way. Luckily I knew a little better. I will try the tomtom and see if it does a better job.

I have one problem. After removing the SD card and going back to the original software, I get an error when trying to go to the map. The error box says that 746_32K_OM-065_32b.bmp cannot be found. Yes, the dash is correct, it's not an underscore. I tried copying the original data.zip back in, that didn't fix it. Any other ideas on an easy fix? I could probably just re-apply the 2.0 update but I was hoping there might be a simpler solution.

Thanks!

wm

Hello, I tried out the new launcher, it's really cool - awesome work. The iGo8 looks great, unfortunately at least on the one trip I took, it gave me bad routing, about 100 miles around the long way. Luckily I knew a little better. I will try the tomtom and see if it does a better job.

I have one problem. After removing the SD card and going back to the original software, I get an error when trying to go to the map. The error box says that 746_32K_OM-065_32b.bmp cannot be found. Yes, the dash is correct, it's not an underscore. I tried copying the original data.zip back in, that didn't fix it. Any other ideas on an easy fix? I could probably just re-apply the 2.0 update but I was hoping there might be a simpler solution.

Thanks!

wm

So using leetlauncher you copied files over to your Avic unit? I don't have that problem and didn't copy anything to the Avic. I just installed LeetLauncher on the SD, put IGO8 on the SD card Booted pressed the IGO button, when IGO finished I pressed Menu button 1 time and then Down on the control knob everything done from the SD card. then I can play musc from the Avic. I don't think anything gets loaded to the Avic unless your putting in more current maps, poi, buildings etc. I stop the car, pull out the SD start back up and the Avic runs fine. If you copied anything to the Avic and you backed up first (always) put back all the original files on the Avic and see if it starts

Well I didn't knowingly copy anything to the AVIC internal storage, I think I did pretty much just what you did, put the leet launcher on SD card, pop in, that's it. I figured out how to fix the problem though, I did the "restore factory settings" option from the Navi options screen (using original software) and that seems to have fixed it. I noticed that using the LeetLauncher I still had my favorites from the original software, and I did add to the favorites while in leetlauncher. I wonder if maybe the new software stores the favorites in a slightly different format? But after restoring the factoy defaults I still have my favorites, so maybe it is the settings file that's slightly different? Anyway it's working now. If only there was a setting for daylight savings time! I can't use the GPS time anymore....

Well I didn't knowingly copy anything to the AVIC internal storage, I think I did pretty much just what you did, put the leet launcher on SD card, pop in, that's it. I figured out how to fix the problem though, I did the "restore factory settings" option from the Navi options screen (using original software) and that seems to have fixed it. I noticed that using the LeetLauncher I still had my favorites from the original software, and I did add to the favorites while in leetlauncher. I wonder if maybe the new software stores the favorites in a slightly different format? But after restoring the factoy defaults I still have my favorites, so maybe it is the settings file that's slightly different? Anyway it's working now. If only there was a setting for daylight savings time! I can't use the GPS time anymore....

Hmm not sure, I have saved favorites routes etc without any trouble at all on either the Avic or the SD card. pretty strange or lucky me! Good Luck

Sorry everyone i've been pretty busy with other project outside of the avic community as well as doing stuff for work. Im working on updating the launcher so that it would automatically launch selected navigation software and adding extra features. I wasn't able to make good use of the pioneer library yet, but will let you guys know when I am successful.

Sorry everyone i've been pretty busy with other project outside of the avic community as well as doing stuff for work. Im working on updating the launcher so that it would automatically launch selected navigation software and adding extra features. I wasn't able to make good use of the pioneer library yet, but will let you guys know when I am successful.

can't wait for the next update

Same here, can't wait for the next update.

Glad to see you have not forgotten us

:D:D:D

Hello everyone, a big update to the Launcher is coming very soon... Sorry to keep everyone waiting. Some of the new key feature to the launcher will include:

1.) A Total Redesign of applications launcher including automatic launching

2.) CorePlayer (Modified and skinned for car used of Audio and Video). Thanks to xdng79x figuring out that switching Audio to SD allow full sound output source to the Windows CE.

3.) Easier Navigation between programs.

4.) Media Library Management (still in progress...)

For now here is 2 screenshot of the coreplayer.

[attachment=1]pioneercoreplayer1.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]pioneercoreplayer2.jpg[/attachment]