AVIC411.com

Just installed f90bt....what problems???? This unit is GREAT

Ok well my friend and I just installed a f90bt, hd radio, xm radio, 4 channel amp, 4 speakers, and hardwire bypass in a 07 Mustang GT. What are all these problems everyone was talking about? I almost didnt buy this unit because of all the neg reviews here. All I can say is that i am glad that i bought this unit. Its great. Got it for less than 750 shipped from an authorized dealer and everythign works Great. Bluetooth, voice commands, Ipod, hd radio, xm radio, msn direct, etc ALL WORK GREAT. Only problem i have had is getting the phonebook from my mogul to xfer over but thats a windows 6.0 problem and i have heard that 6.1 fixes that. When on the blutooth the other party hears me just fine and dont even know im using hands free. Ipod has only dropped once in the 7+ hours i used the ipod and all i had to do was pull the cable out and plug it back in. Took all of 10 secs and it was back up and running.

Boot time is not that bad either. I have fm and hd radio with in 5 secs, ipod with in 8secs, xm with in 8secs, phone connects with in 20 secs, touch screen works within 20sec and unit is FULLY fuctional with in 30-35 secs. My dad has a Kenwood 8010NX that he paid around 1100 for and he want to sell it and get a avic f90bt.

I do want to thank all the people that have given me information to make this purchase and to who ever found out info on how to do the hardwire bypass which i must say was SUPER easy and works great.

Up next comes modding!!!!!

The unit itself at first glance is really nice, but it has a lot of really screwed up design flaws that will grind your gears as time goes on.

For me, personally, bluetooth is unuseable because of the volume being set too high with no way to bring it down without muting. The overall slugishness of the unit really eats away at me as well.

The unit itself at first glance is really nice, but it has a lot of really screwed up design flaws that will grind your gears as time goes on.

For me, personally, bluetooth is unuseable because of the volume being set too high with no way to bring it down without muting. The overall slugishness of the unit really eats away at me as well.

well i have had the unit for about 5 days and have used it non stop. the first day i got it i took a trip to houston and back just to play around with it. 400 miles round trip from san antonio. The bluetooh has a volume control on mine, both in the settings and when on a call there is a vol+ and vol- that both work every good. I like the interface and have yet to find any flaws. I have used my dad kenwood and i find it alot more confusing to use than the avic90bt.

I agree with Agent Jones. The bluetooth on mine works great. It's pretty sensitive. I have to close my windows to use it, but other than that it works great.

i have a 90bt in my 07 mustang gt as well! i also have an alpine 4ch amp and alpine speakers. i just use the shaker 500 door subs.

on my verizon lg voyager, the bluetooth is TERRIBLE. my g/f says that when i talk to her through it, its like the mic is outside and she has a really hard time hearing me. ive moved the mic all over the place and still the same. im going to try my palm trio and see if its any better.

glad you are having good luck with yours!!

yeah same here. when i had a d3 i mounted it there. and at work that is where i mount all the bluetooth mics when i install them.

i also have a LOUD exhaust on mine....its probably because every bluetooth chipset responds a little differently to different phones. my voyages worked great in my d3, but terribly in my 90bt. ill try my palm treo later today and see how that works.

I love my radio, the start up time isn't bad, same thing about 5-10 seconds for fm/am radio, 20-30 for ipod, and about 20 for touch screen recognition. To me, it's a computer, it needs the same amount on time.

Glad you like yours though, cause by the sound of things around here, we're going to have a lot of toys really soon with leetcoder around...

Same here, before I get out of the car for the day I just change over to FM and when I get back into it in the morning, the radio comes on within 5 secs.

Boot-time is minimal and I keep circulating music on USB/SD cards everyweek, so I don't have to have a ton of music loading up all the time.

I've also got to shout-out at everyone for all the help. I'm glad I found this site and people seem to be pretty cool!

I feel the same way... I read all the posts on here about how the unit was so buggy and it sucked but I decided to get one on the basis that it is very hackable.

I could not be more happy, all the work that people on this forum have done really lets you customize the unit.

I love it!