AVIC411.com

Head unit won't turn off.....plz help asap

oh ok, I missed where you said you have a gti. Many volkwagens have no accessory wire behind the radio, you need to tap one near the ignition. Whatever wire you tapped thinking it was an acc wire is a constant wire and that's why it won't shut off.

I'm sure if you search google you find a suitable wire to tap.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're car doesnt have a switched 12v in the harness, not sure why the harness you bought has one. Most people tap into a fuse in the fuse box which turns off with the ignition (e.g. wipers). Just curious, did you connect your speed sensing wire, reverse wire, etc? If not, you should look into buying a product called CR2-VW from PAC. It will replace the other harness that you bought (maybe you can return that one?) and will give you EVERYTHING that you need, including the ACC, illumination, parking brake, reverse, and speed pulse. Enfig.com sells it for about $70.

EDIT

I meant C2R-VW. Heres the link:

http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/s ... 2R_VW.html

It will make everything super simple, and it has a plug to directly connect the SWI-CAN if you want to retain your steering wheel controls

You're car doesnt have a switched 12v in the harness, not sure why the harness you bought has one. Most people tap into a fuse in the fuse box which turns off with the ignition (e.g. wipers). Just curious, did you connect your speed sensing wire, reverse wire, etc? If not, you should look into buying a product called CR2-VW from PAC. It will replace the other harness that you bought (maybe you can return that one?) and will give you EVERYTHING that you need, including the ACC, illumination, parking brake, reverse, and speed pulse. Enfig.com sells it for about $70.

EDIT

I meant C2R-VW. Heres the link:

http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/s ... 2R_VW.html

It will make everything super simple, and it has a plug to directly connect the SWI-CAN if you want to retain your steering wheel controls

no i didn't have all those things that u mentioned connected. So if i bought the C2R-VW ... i can just connect everything color to color with somewhere that i can connect the ACC wire and the orange wire that i dont know where to connect? does it come with instructions?

Actually the instructions are here:

http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/s ... CTIONS.pdf

I dont think the reverse, speed pulse, illumination, etc are color coded the same as the pioneer, but they are labeled so its easy enough to match up. The orange wire that you couldnt hook up is the illumination wire (which will dim the screen when your lights are turned on), so you will have that, along with the red ACC wire with the C2R-VW.

The small plug is to connect to the SWI-CAN and the other set of wires is not used. I believe PAC uses them to upgrade the firmware if one becomes available. For the SWI-CAN, you will also need the SWI-PS which connects directly to the Pioneer. So it would go:

Factory Harness > C2R-VW > SWI-CAN > SWI-PS > F90BT

All plug and play as far as i know. Here are the instructions for the SWI:

http://www.pac-audio.com/instructions/s ... 20rev2.pdf

In there where it shows "Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep usign C2R-CHRY", that also applies to VW using the C2R-VW.

alrighty, here's a heads up for you... and will solve all the confusion...

VWs don't have switched accessorys. So the Red wire is working perfectly... according to VW. What you'll need to do is buy an external switch and manually turn on the deck every time you turn on the car. It's a shitty way of doing it but sorry about your VW.

oh, and yes, that is a terrible tape and connection job.. just because the ends of the harnesses are stripped back 1/4" doesn't mean that you can't use more of the wire. Use some wire strippers to strip back around a full 1" to 1 1/2" per side to twist together. Use some HIGH QUALITY 3M temflex tape to wrap the connections. Forget the term "less is more" when taping. Get a good length and wrap it tightly.

you won't need heat shrink if you have good enough electrical tape.