AVIC411.com

Internet Access on F900BT

All you should need is an SD WiFi adapter and it has drivers for Windows Mobile.

And a wireless network somewhere within range, of course. Probably not going to pick one up driving down the highway...

If you have a Windows Mobile phone with WiFi you can have a WiFi access point anywhere!

http://www.wmwifirouter.com

It works great for my laptop through my Treo 800w.

All you should need is an SD WiFi adapter and it has drivers for Windows Mobile.

And a wireless network somewhere within range, of course. Probably not going to pick one up driving down the highway...

If you have a Windows Mobile phone with WiFi you can have a WiFi access point anywhere!

http://www.wmwifirouter.com

It works great for my laptop through my Treo 800w.

Exactly. My Treo750 doesn't have wifi we got ripped on that, but that MiniSD Wifi Adapter works with my Treo, then put anothe one on the headunit and you have internet access.

• 5 weeks later...

Does the CE OS on these even have a TCP/IP stack installed? Is there a way we can determine if it does? I tried to ping 127.0.0.1, but it doesn't seem to recognize the ping command.

Internet access would be VERY cool on this things. Not so much for web browsing necessarily, but for other web-enabled applications. It could open up a ton of possibilities.

If I could get just this one thing to work on my F series I would be extatic!

I read that Windows CE is capible with any USB ethernet adapter that uses the RNDIS standard.

I have a D-Link DIR-450 router installed in my car with a Verizon PC5750 EVDO card installed in it. So I just need these two units to talk.

My local Fry's had a USB Ethernet adapter for $10, maybe I will pick one up just to try this.

I don't know jack about installing software on CE. My goal is to run SlingPlayer Mobile on my F series.

• 3 months later...

I just got my 700 last week, and have been playing around with the OS...also trying to get my sling feed (from MotoQ) onto the 700. Video out from phone isn't going to work with the Moto, so I'll be picking up an HTC Pro Touch2 when it comes out. Current version has a usb-to-composite cable that just pushes out the "phone top" to a video monitor/TV.

In the mean time, I noticed that the USB port can be changed to RNDIS, however I can not get it to recognize my phone when connected. I finally got the USB cable to at least charge my phone, by changing the usb port to "Mass Storage" within CE. I also enabled "tethering" which gives my desktop/laptop internet access via the Q. I only have to have Microsoft's Active Synch software installed, plug in the Q, and I'm online. If there is a CE version of Active Synch, or I could just get the usb port to change to RDNIS, I think I'd be there.

Anyone have any suggestions on getting the usb port configured for RNDIS? I'd love to just be able to run Sling Mobile from the AVIC rather than from the phone. It would be capable of running a higer resolution that way. The CradlePoint solution would be cool if the AVIC had WiFi, and I was thinking about tethering an iTouch with my Q to avoid "another" AT&T bill, which would allow for iPod's Sling Mobile to connect to AVIC but that's (3) different devices for what the HTC can do alone...decisions, decisions. :D

http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=730

htctouchprovideoout03.jpg

htctouchprovideoout06.jpg

htctouchprovideoout02.jpg

htctouchprovideoout09.jpg