AVIC411.com

New Install in a Din and a Half Opening

Well I'd say you get an A for effort, but..... when you have a unit that nice the proper install will do it much more justice. I wouldnt let my friends see that install and if they did id claim someone else did it.... but thats just me.

It seems like your pretty crafty at fitting stuff were its not intended to go, if I were you id get some glass and give a custom fab job a try.

My 2 cents

Look on the bright side of this guys, it's practically impossible to steal!!!!

On mention of that, i found out that my radio, installed by circuit city, can simply slide in and out of my dash without having to remove a thing. Is there something I can do to secure it a little more so that someone will need at least minute if they wanted to steal it? I guess just for piece of mind?

You made this work great! Only suggestion i would make, is to change out the spacers from that grey color matching the interior (the ones on the sides of the unit), to a spacer of a more black/glossy type plastic to match the pioneer unit. It would look less "rigged" that way.

@lava10t2

Take that straight back to CC, their track record with installs is terrible to begin with and now you can see why. Get a manager involved if you can, that is just piss-poor installation. They probably didnt have the proper kit in stock to secure it to the din slot, and just half-assed it.

WOW, rough crowd. :( Considering it's not intended to fit there (and kinda doesn't) you obviously did a good job of making it work. Unfortunately, appearance is a big factor with an install and you kinda wince when you look at this one.

Man i agree rough crowd... Truthfully i have a fobia of cutting or modifying stock panels. Everything i do to my car is reversable where as when molding a stock trim peice you dont have too many options when selling the car. Kinda like the reason you dont just cut and splice the wires behind the deck, you use a wiring harness.

If i was wanting to mold the panel i probably would have went for something that was more stabile then the F series as well as having a bigger screen like a z series or one of the Azentek Atlas units. I for some reason think it is so cool just because it fit and i think it looks really good, but i also know that the only other thing avalible for my car is the flip out units or molding a screen in.

In the end it works for me and to each his own.....

http://www.azentekonline.com/cms/content/view/41/146/