AVIC411.com

Wow, this thing IS buggy.

Yea i just installed mine last night. I thought i knew what to expect, but it is just way slower than i could have ever imagined. When i started up the car this morning it didnt detect the ipod at all, then as i was driving down the road it detected it for a split second and then just switched to OFF. After turning the car off and restarting it finally detected it, but it seems like if the ipod moves too much or i touch the connector it disconnects. I'm wondering if i got a faulty ipod cable or if the connector on my ipod is shot. I just synced it last night with no issues. Also the VR is pretty much useless for me unless i tell it the number. I have not been able to get it to recognize any of my contacts (not even "Home") but it can understand the spoken digits just fine. I did one test call and they said i sounded very good.

On the good side though, i was expecting poor MSN direct signal, but at my house in the middle of the woods it shows about 50% signal and activated just fine. The FM signal is also very good (using the HD tuner) which i wasn't expecting from reports i've seen from other audi/vw owners. The only thing that bugs me is how AM and FM on the source menu still go to the unit's built-in tuner rather than the HD tuner. Hopefully that will be fixed in the update or someone will figure out a way to change it if they haven't already. I haven't really searched on that issue yet.

The only thing that bugs me is how AM and FM on the source menu still go to the unit's built-in tuner rather than the HD tuner. Hopefully that will be fixed in the update...

I doubt that will be fixed, it's not really a bug, it allows you to choose the unit's AM and FM tuner, if you want HD you choose HD.

It's there to give you a choice... the built-in analog AM/FM is pretty good quality, pioneer has always been known for their supertuners. The HD radio tuner is great on digital channels, but not as hot on analog. Some people may not care, but for others this is a big deal. So they have the choice... if one of their favorite stations isn't HD, they can use the built-in tuner.

I can't believe how buggy this thing actually is. I got the F90 installed yesterday and boy does it have issues. It doesn't recognize my IPOD sometimes at all when it boots up, locks up the IPOD at times, is slow as hell, etc etc etc

Anyone else having this ipod issue?

What did you pay for it? I assume not the 900+ that I did?

I have a new bug that i havent been able to find mentioned anywhere:

Whenever i hang up a phone call and I'm listening to the radio (HD) the radio station seeks down 1. For example if i'm listening to 93.3 and I make OR receive a phone call, when the call hangs up that radio station changes to 93.1. This has happened every single time i've used the BT. I havent tested to see if it happens on regular FM or just on the HD tuner. Also the fact that it switches to the map screen every time is just plain retarded, but that has been mentioned plently of times.

and OMFG is this thing slow (duh). I read all the complaints but i just never thought it could be this slow. Button pressed are slow to respond, if they ever respond at all. Sometimes i have to press the screen so hard i think i'm going to break it, but the damn thing just won't recognize that i'm touching it. Lets hope that 2nd update comes out soon, and that the people working on it have actually been using this unit.

I can't believe how buggy this thing actually is. I got the F90 installed yesterday and boy does it have issues. It doesn't recognize my IPOD sometimes at all when it boots up, locks up the IPOD at times, is slow as hell, etc etc etc

No, $620 is what I gave for mine.

No, $620 is what I gave for mine.

I hate Pioneer. :evil::evil::evil:

I was planning on buying one of the new Kuro TV sets next year, forget that.

I understand the risk involved in buying the latest thing, but this is absurd. Its so bad, it has lost 1/3rd of its value in a few months? I am stuck with it now for good.

I think my biggest gripe so far in the UI design is the frustratingly small height of many of the on-screen buttons in most of the apps (examples: back arrow, FM/AM/HD Presets). If they want to be as undistracting as possible, they need to give someone with a finger that's > 32 pixels tall a larger target to hit. Using the iGo8 from leetcoder's loader or my iPAQ 310 (also has a SiRF Titan and iGo8 on it, uses a different frontend and Bluetooth stack) is tons easier, since they made the buttons huge and easy to hit.

Also hoping they fix the auto Timezone error that NavNGo patched in iGo 8 at the end of August. I'm tired of my radio thinking it's in Idaho if I check that box (thank goodness I don't drive to other states regularly).

I think my biggest gripe so far in the UI design is the frustratingly small height of many of the on-screen buttons in most of the apps (examples: back arrow, FM/AM/HD Presets). If they want to be as undistracting as possible, they need to give someone with a finger that's > 32 pixels tall a larger target to hit. Using the iGo8 from leetcoder's loader or my iPAQ 310 (also has a SiRF Titan and iGo8 on it, uses a different frontend and Bluetooth stack) is tons easier, since they made the buttons huge and easy to hit.

Also hoping they fix the auto Timezone error that NavNGo patched in iGo 8 at the end of August. I'm tired of my radio thinking it's in Idaho if I check that box (thank goodness I don't drive to other states regularly).

I agree, trying to change the channels while driving on a bumpy road is dangerous.