AVIC411.com

WiFi via SD Card (for sure) or USB..

it should but the only thing is does the os have the network capbl. of reading the wifi network. you might have to do some modding to get it to work but that would be cool if you could. you might look at some stuff on xda develpors. you might find the code or the info to get this up and running.

i was wondering if that would work my self

it should but the only thing is does the os have the network capbl. of reading the wifi network. you might have to do some modding to get it to work but that would be cool if you could. you might look at some stuff on xda develpors. you might find the code or the info to get this up and running.

i was wondering if that would work my self

It worked on my phone with windows mobile 5, not sure if CE supports it.

the only thing is like you said that you don't know if ce supports it but if you can find someone that is still running it and then has a pda that has a card for it and is using it then you might be able to see what he did then mod it to work on the unit. i think that might be the next unit i get so i am glad there are some people helping to pave the way for people like me that would have had to do that then share it. so maybe we could all work together to get it up and running on there.

so that would be so cool and cheap for a web access. on the units. and save the ideas of having to get a car pc to get that to work. then that would be an all in one unit.

keep it up

Hmm..... If you can get that to work, then I may be able to run Sling Player Mobile right on the HU? Of course it would have to be compatible with the screen resolution.

I was going to install a SlingCatcher in the trunk with a D-Link DIR-450.

• 1 month later...

So I've been meaning to give this a try, but folks who hack the iPAQ 310 (same OS, iGo 8 & CPU as our AVICs) have gotten a Spectec SD WiFi card working...

http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view/Ip ... pectecWifi

Anyone seen this and given it a try? I'm planning on picking one up after the Thanksgiving holiday... If it works on my 310, it's going into the car next.

I own a Spectec 820. I think the only difference is the 821 does B/G where mine is only B.

I am still trying to figure out how to install a program on the F series. I have tried a .cab file and it says it does not reconize that file as a CE file. Of course an .exe does not work because it is not a CE file.

So any help in this would be awsome!