AVIC411.com

avic map

I was in a store tonight messing around with with the avic z1 that was hooked up. I was playing around with the navigation and find out that that my address was not listed on the program. I live in las vegas, which is the fastest growing city in the country, but my housing development has been up for 3 years and the streets in the surrounding area are all listed in the thomas guide. On the avic it only shows desert area and no I don't live in a gated community. the sales guy said the z1 has the lastest gps maps on the market. why isn't my area listed on the avic.
Because Vegas SUCKS! :) just kidding. The Z1 has the newest maps of any PIONEER nav system. I'm sure there are other GPS navigation systems out there with newer maps (at least I would guess there are). The nav companies are working very hard to keep up to date but it's difficult. I guess you will just have to navigate back to a desert when you go home. The have said they will update the maps with online downloads burned to CD and inserted into the Z1, maybe the new map they will (or may) come out with in the future will have it.
[quote name="ducatiboy"] The Z1 has the newest maps of any PIONEER nav system.[/quote]

Don't know about that the avic s1 which has navteq is pretty up-to-date, One review here
[url]http://reviews.cnet.com/Pioneer_AVIC_S1_GPS_receiver/4864-3430_7-31933234.html?ctype=msgid&messageSiteID=7&messageID=2182918&cval=2182918&tag=uolst.[/url] Also mentioned how the avic s1 has subdivisions other avic units don't have.

If you ask me I believe the reason is because avic s1 uses navteq, which many believe is more up-to-date while the teleatlas which the avic z1 uses is not so up-to-date many say. But others may say teleatlas is better but who knows, I'm pretty new to all of this. God Bless
TeleAtlas does the maps for Pioneer NAV products. It's listed in the user guide with the map data license agreement.

If you find an inconsistency, then visit the link below, and fix it. If you put the location in and it looks correct on this web site, then chances are that the next update to the map will be correct. If it's still wrong on the web site, then add the correction and comments...

Also, send a comment to TeleAtlas stating that their competitor has subdivisions, etc... I will. Sometimes ya gotta be that squeaky wheel.

[url=http://mapinsight.teleatlas.com/cfl?ClientId=MapInsight&Language=en&PlaceFindCountry=USA&PlaceFindPlace=Boston&PlaceFindAdministrativeArea=MA]http://mapinsight.teleatlas.com/cfl?Cli ... iveArea=MA[/url]
[quote name="BSecrest"]http://mapinsight.teleatlas.com/cfl?ClientId=MapInsight&Language=en&PlaceFindCountry=USA&PlaceFindPlace=Boston&PlaceFindAdministrativeArea=MA[/quote]

Good to know. Just added three (extremely minor) mistakes to the list, but on the plus side most of the mistakes have already been fixed, including an overpass that was built just 3 months ago.
I've had more and more instances of the Z1 saying an address doesn't exist even though the road has been there for years and is on the map.

This is really annoying but it usually lets me go ahead and use the address anyway. However one time it oddly didn't know that the road contiued, even though it was displayed on the map, so it placed the address marker several miles north of the actual location.