AVIC411.com

OSX Anyone?

For example, I can run Navizon, raking in points, while talking on the phone, while playing music (well, not when talking), while running iGO, while having email pushed to me (from _any_ mail service, not the ones Apple deemed worthy), while having weather forecast updated in the background etc. etc.... And it does not take long to switch between apps either.

DAMN, :shock: if you really use your phone for that much shit at once! you can do all that with an iPhone. Ill be it you will need to hack it (which shouldn't be a problem for you of course) But all of that is possible. It is true that some phones did what the iphone does before the iphone did. But Apple did it in a way that is so easy and more pleasurable to use that people just said WOW. All other phones, even most of the ones that did it before, are now trying to catch up. Just ask Verizon. They lost 48% of their customer base alone to AT&T because of the iPhone.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DAMN, :shock: if you really use your phone for that much shit at once! you can do all that with an iPhone. Ill be it you will need to hack it (which shouldn't be a problem for you of course) But all of that is possible. It is true that some phones did what the iphone does before the iphone did. But Apple did it in a way that is so easy and more pleasurable to use that people just said WOW. All other phones, even most of the ones that did it before, are now trying to catch up. Just ask Verizon. They lost 48% of their customer base alone to AT&T because of the iPhone.

Actually, no. iPhone does not multitask, so you can't do that.

I'll grant that Apple makes products that are very easy to use out of the box, for people who can't be bothered to learn to operate them. And they have great marketing, convincing people that their products are so easy... But you know, if market share means quality, then Microsoft is the greatest company in the history of mankind producing products that are beyond perfection :)

BTW, I very much doubt that Verizon lost anywhere near half of their customer base.

• 2 weeks later...
Just ask Verizon. They lost 48% of their customer base alone to AT&T because of the iPhone.

Oh for God's sake. You actually believe that dribble??? If VZW lost half it's customers, it would have been bankrupt. Unbelievable. Whoever told you that crap is an absolute idiot.

But, they did lose SOME customers. However, they got most of them back when they were screwed over so bad over the price of the phone and how it turned out to be so lacking from what was advertised.

I'll grant that Apple makes products that are very easy to use out of the box, for people who can't be bothered to learn to operate them. And they have great marketing, convincing people that their products are so easy... But you know, if market share means quality, then Microsoft is the greatest company in the history of mankind producing products that are beyond perfection :)

Apple makes OS's and products that don't need to be messed with. As a graphic designer I work on and own apple computers, and I've worked on and own a pc. The pc requires far more maintenance and are slowed down by all the crap that infects it from the internet. They are generally less stable than my mac. I like not having to be running anti-spyware and anti-virus software and not wondering if the zipped font I'm about to open will contain something that will infect and slow my systems. In the long run i end up saving on the cost of my mac by the increased productivity.

Just ask Verizon. They lost 48% of their customer base alone to AT&T because of the iPhone.

Oh for God's sake. You actually believe that dribble??? If VZW lost half it's customers, it would have been bankrupt. Unbelievable. Whoever told you that crap is an absolute idiot.

That is what the articles I read stated.

Apple makes OS's and products that don't need to be messed with. As a graphic designer I work on and own apple computers, and I've worked on and own a pc. The pc requires far more maintenance and are slowed down by all the crap that infects it from the internet. They are generally less stable than my mac. I like not having to be running anti-spyware and anti-virus software and not wondering if the zipped font I'm about to open will contain something that will infect and slow my systems. In the long run i end up saving on the cost of my mac by the increased productivity.

For your purposes probably, and while Apple has its 5% market share, you don't have to worry about viruses...

That is what the articles I read stated.

Not sure what article your quoting, but you have to admit, that sounds insane. ATT has 73 million subscribers Verizon wireless has almost 71 million.

I would say at most maybe half a million defected from verizon but a whole lot more from sprint and others.

For your purposes probably, and while Apple has its 5% market share, you don't have to worry about viruses...

13% now as stated in the last Keynote :D

Is anyone using OSX to mod their F-series? If so, how are you doing it? Can the F-series read an SD card from OSX? Any help would be great!

<-----Mac only guy here.

Well, to try to pull this thread back on target, I just did some minor hacking with my Mac. The SD card is in FAT format, and with a SD card reader it just shows up on the Mac as a disk image. I was able to copy the phonebook database from my F700BT to the SD card, read it on my Mac, edit the phonebook database to fix the "multiple entries with the same name" issue, using the Firefox SQLite Manager add on, and copy it back to the F700BT without a hitch.

I haven't tried anything involving modifying the data.zip file yet.