AVIC411.com

Chevy Tahoe install trouble

2004 Chevy Tahoe with Bose install if I hook the RCA speaker wires form the gmos-04 to the the output RCA's form the unit - chimes work fine, everything good except the stereo has to be turned way up to hear it (no Bose amp turning on - took it apart again hooked the RCA's form the gmos-04 to the regular speaker wires from the unit (green, green/black - grey, grey/black, etc.) now the stereo sounds loud enough, but the chimes are messed up and the speakers when the unit is first fired up hiss in a per speaker each circle as if an amp is trying to start up (its not right) any help would be appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

When it all starts to overwhelm you, step back, take a break for a while, then come back and start over with a new perspective. You will be amazed sometimes how solutions just pop into your head.

If you have a bird's nest to work with, disconnect everything and start all over again so you have a fresh start and aren't trying to fix one error by committing another. You'll get there...and have it done right.

So for the parking break message, is that when you are diving? If so there is a software mod or you can do the mute wire trick.

As for the GPS you can't configure it. When you say it thinks your house is down the road, did you enter your home address by typing in the address? Sometimes the street numbers are not perfect, in that case you should choose a point on the road or even just change your house number until it matches up.

This isn't a problem by pioneer, but a defect of the maps. You'll find that all GPS devices are not 100% accurate.

I thought the mute wire trick was already done, but I will check. The thing is I had the unit in the Tahoe with the gmos-01 first and it knew exactly where I was, but the chimes were messed up (hissing and popping) so I took the unit out and switched to the gmos-04 and now everything seems to be fine except the nav location is wrong. Could the mute wire if wrong be causing it?