AVIC411.com

Since updating to the latest firmware, I can no longer transfer my phone book from my T-Mobile Dash to the F700BT. When I attempt to do so I either get the message "No Telephone Number" or I see the message "Now Loading Data..." for about 2-3 minutes, and then the unit just f'ing reboots itself. When it reboots there are no contacts listed on the head unit.

Anyone else experiencing issues like this? I had no problem transfering my contacts with the previous firmware. Looks like I'm reverting. I'd rather wait for it to boot up for 30 minutes than to not have it function at all.

Blackjack II w/ WinMo 6.1, same headache. "No Telephone Number" after clicking OK. Made sure both the "Serial Port" and "Handsfree" were checked in Bluetooth connections on the phone. At least I don't get a reboot, but without the contact list the unit's become less useful to me.

Should have known better than to try a X.000 release on day 0.

Man, these guys at Pioneer really like to rush things out without testing them first, eh? Why don't they have a program where they release the update to a large group of consumers to TEST before they approve a final release? This is ridiculous. So now what? I have to wait around for the next update, if there ever IS one, in order to get my unit to function the way it did when I bought it?

I just called customer service at 800-421-1404 and they put a ticket in to their "engineers" and said they'd call me back within 5-7 business days, hopefully with a work around or resolution.

They also asked that I have anyone else I know with similar problems call up and make a report as well. So please call them and file a report so we can get this issue addressed asap. Thanks.

If your phone worked before, then download and install the "Alternate" bluetooth update. That should work.

No dice. Doesn't work. In fact, with BT v2.9 the unit can't even "see" my phone. At least v3.3 will let me connect, but I have to operate everything via the phone, not the unit. This is garbage. Has anyone else called to file a ticket about this issue? I tried calling again and this time got a different rep. This rep happened to have a nasty attitude and was incredibly rude and condescending. He also refused to email me the firmware I had before I updated the unit.

Ok so here we go, just updated the bluetooth on the f900. My HU see's the phone, connects fine with it, and transfers the contacts, however it did not read Home, Work, Mobile, ECT. so i'll have to update those manually again...Which SUCKS!!!!

But that made me think, where is the difference here, 2 t-Mobile dash's, two of the same decks, let's compare Software versions for everything.

HU - Version: 2.000000

Bluetooth - Version: HW100-SW330 RC3

T-mobile Dash Windows 6 - CE OS 5.2.1236 Build 17741.0.2.1

Ok so here we go, just updated the bluetooth on the f900. My HU see's the phone, connects fine with it, and transfers the contacts, however it did not read Home, Work, Mobile, ECT. so i'll have to update those manually again...Which SUCKS!!!!

But that made me think, where is the difference here, 2 t-Mobile dash's, two of the same decks, let's compare Software versions for everything.

HU - Version: 2.000000

Bluetooth - Version: HW100-SW330 RC3

T-mobile Dash Windows 6 - CE OS 5.2.1236 Build 17741.0.2.1

The only difference between our two setups is my OS version. My Dash is running Windows Mobile 6.1 - CE OS 5.2.19700 (Build 19700.1.1.0)

HOWEVER, after installing Bluetooth firmware v2.9, attempting to connect using it, failing to establish any kind of connection whatsoever, then reinstalling v3.3, then changing my Dash's device name, then hard resetting my unit, then attempting to beam contacts one by one to the unit, then rebooting my Dash, then kicking my tires, then trying to transfer my phonebook again 7 more times, I FINALLY was able to get my contacts onto the unit!

However, about 15 of the 280 numbers (4 of which are important and frequent dials) didn't transfer over. At least now I can live with this, but there really should be a way to enter contacts manually on the unit itself. Bah!

I have an AT&T Tilt running WinMo 6.1 and it works great, before and after 2.0. After I paired it, i had to go into bluetooth settings and manually enable the serial port profile for the Pioneer Navi, and then everything transferred over. I got a popup on my phone saying "Pioneer Navi is trying to access your contacts, do you want to allow it?" but they transferred over before i even saw that and say Yes. All of my contacts are outlook contacts synced from Exchange. Are your contacts from Outlook or stored on the SIM? You may need to also enabled the SIM access BT profile if they are stored on there.

i sync with outlook. no sim card for verizon. i tried with and without enabling the serial port. and with the serial port enabled, tried secure and unsecure connection. no luck.

did you have to create an outgoing port? i've tried with and without an outgoing port as well. still no luck.