AVIC411.com

54 years old mom need help on avic d3 dvd

I just paid a so called pro, that sells and installs pioneer product. I went to their store and paid $80 + tax to bypass whatever it is, so that I can play my dvd while I'm driving and my 15 years old son can watch his dvd. Whatever he did didn't work, it only works driving less than 5 miles or I'm at stop. He said, that he can't do nothing, because the software was built in. He also told me that apparently the GPS takes over when my car goes over 5 miles. And there's nothing that can be done, except to buy an upgrade. And that he spoke to his friend that has the same model of pioneer and that his friend already upgrade twice and nothing works.

From what I'm reading on this forum, it seems possible to play dvd while driving more than 5 miles an hour. It this true or myth?

I have a pioneer avic d3 on my 2008 ford expedition when I bought it from the car dealership.

Please help, I'm 54 years old Mom and don't know much about this thing.

I'm planning to see my parents in Fort Walton Beach this December and my son is going with me. I don't want him to be bored and keep on asking are we there yet?

Thanks for any help I can get.

Just try not to go again to the same guy, he's obviously trying to get more money from you or he just doesn't know anything about this units and how to do the bypass. I'm not familiar with the D3 bypass but I'm sure there's plenty of people with a D3 arround this forum that is willing to help you out.

They obviously didn't do it correctly. I would take it back to him and let him know that the bypass didn't work. Maybe he / she missed a step sometimes things happen, and if it is a busy shop maybe they didn't test it. If they can't fix it then report back here and I'm sure there are a ton of experts in this forum that can help you if you don't mind taking the risk of doing it yourself.

Sounds like you may be dealing with an actual professional (someone smart enough not to incur the liability of enabling you to drive while watching a movie or video). Best bet is to look around this site to find out how to do it, print the instructions, and then go to what looks like a place you'd never want to work on your vehicle to have it done via printed instructions. They'll probably be happy to do it for you.

Yeah he was smart alright, he should have told me before saying he can and then charge me for it. I wouldn't force him to do things he doesn't want to do. But, he was convincing that he can do it and real easy. His shop is not that busy. And it took him a few minutes to do what ever he needs to do the 2nd time I brought back my suv. It took him longer to drive my suv than to fix it. They sell and install all kinds of navigational system including pioneer products. Plus he put a small scratch in my dashboard trying to open the nav system. I wish I saw it before I came home. Now I have to buy some kind of paint to retouch it.

Sounds like it was a good learning experience, as not all installers are created equal. Just because they are apparently an authorized dealer for Pioneer does not equate to them being excellent installers with adequate knowledge and experience.

Here are the bypass instructions for the D3.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4670

When you go back, tell him the bypass is not working, if he refuses to fix it, get your money back and go to a better installer and show him the instructions on the bypass.

Good Luck