AVIC411.com

IN PROGRESS: Fixing up Samantha

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voices are here. That would be the Marvin hybrid.

ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us ... S%20Voice/

Thanks. Loaded it today. Works the same as the others, but it says "you wouldn't listen" for recalculate.

I will have to look on my other laptop drive to see if I still have the other one somewhere. I have all of them, but can't remember the file size of the one I am looking for.

I think the one you are wanting was a pure TTS one with a modded info.ini.

You can make it say anything you would like by using 7zip to open the zip file then right-clicking info.ini and hitting edit. Save the changes and close 7zip.

I think the one you are wanting was a pure TTS one with a modded info.ini.

You can make it say anything you would like by using 7zip to open the zip file then right-clicking info.ini and hitting edit. Save the changes and close 7zip.

Great. I just edited the file to my liking. I will try it out today. I have really came a long way since I started changing my unit, thanks to all of you good people out there. When I first bought my F700, I didn't think I was gonna like it until I found this thread. Now I can't keep my hands off of it. lol

i tried to edit the files but it tells me i can't save it. what did i do wrong? i opened the voice_tts file on my sd and right clicked on info, clicked edit i get find ,replace,ect. the error says cannot createC:\documents and settings\owner\local settings\temp\temporary directory 4 for voice_tts-nua-eng-us-f1.zip\info.ini file when i try to save.

i tried to edit the files but it tells me i can't save it. what did i do wrong? i opened the voice_tts file on my sd and right clicked on info, clicked edit i get find ,replace,ect. the error says cannot createC:\documents and settings\owner\local settings\temp\temporary directory 4 for voice_tts-nua-eng-us-f1.zip\info.ini file when i try to save.

Right click tts file---7zip---open archive. Once in the archive right click info.ini, then edit. Make your changes that you want, then click save. 7zip will ask you to save modified file. Thats all I did and it worked fine.

One note on the editing the samtts. I can only edit this version of the file:: 04/13/2009 11:09PM 2,028,708 SamTTS-Auto.zip.

When I try to edit the SamHybrid or the SamMarvinHybrid, I get no sound when I have to recalculate. Are these files different than the other? There are (2) @@ at the beginning of the quotes in the Hybrids. Did you make these different?

The hybrids only use TTS for street names as mentioned several times. If you want to change what is said for any given command, you will need to find the matching OGG in the audio folder and replace it with the soundbite of your choice, like I did with Marvin.

The hybrids only use TTS for street names as mentioned several times. If you want to change what is said for any given command, you will need to find the matching OGG in the audio folder and replace it with the soundbite of your choice, like I did with Marvin.

Sorry cmh, I still can't figure out how to change the MarvinHybrid. I understand your instructions, but what program do you use to edit the OGG? I can change the original samtts to whatever I want, but I don't like it. Did I overlook something on here?

I use Fairstars audio converter to convert to OGG, but there are many other programs that work as well. Just save it in the same format as all the other OGGs, mono 22kHz 48kbps. You can see the marvin ones I added, just name yours the same as those.

Ok, so what am i missing here? I used SamHybrid-Auto.zip and she doesn't even attempt to say any road names. Did I use the wrong voice? She still sounds pretty staticy/scratchy still so i'll probably just stick with Jason, but if I did something wrong or used the wrong file I'd like to give it another shot.

I am having the same issue as reported by 'FF' where the 'Take the next right/left' sounds like 'Take thnext right/left'. The entire word 'the' is not enunciated. Just curious if anyone else is having this problem. Also, how can I reset everything back to the default as far as the mods go just for the TTS on the GPS? Thanks in advance!

CMH928: I think I found the issue with the TTS saying 'Take thenext left/right'. I noticed in the rules.ini file for the TTY, you don't have spaces before the following lines:

/(^|\s)?turn right\b/i/-->" turn-rite "

/(^|\s)?turn left\b/i/-->" turn-left "

/(^|\s)?next right\b/i/-->" next-rite "

/(^|\s)?next left\b/i/-->" next-left "

I assume a space indicates to the TTS to have a brief pause. Anyway, I changed that and it seemed to work. I have no clue what I'm doing, but wanted your input.

Gooch, if you're using the hybrid, those rules are ignored anyhow. The voices are pre-recorded. To alter them you'd need to change the OGG files.

Yetta, what maps are you using? Stock 2007.10 maps have the best naming. 2008.4 is flaky when it comes to highway names being spoken. 2008.10 just doesn't work.