AVIC411.com

2009 Rav4 Check Engine Light & LS on with VSS wire F900B

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, just had the F900BT installed professionally

I think you'll agree that's a very loose interpretation...

Do as kerosene suggests...take it back and get your money back or a brand new unit in the box. If you paid with a credit card, dispute the charge so you can get your money back if they balk at doing what's right.

If these folks are an authorized dealer, send the pics and your story to Pioneer so they have a record of the work they do.

Next, please tell all here who the hell hacked up your unit and brand new car...

basically same thing ;) you guys were one country at one point.

btw what year a3?

At this point both Ukrasinians and Russians get very upset and start running after you with heavy blunt objects :)

2007, and i think we're hijacking a thread here...

oh damn, my baby.... the wagon is so hot! I love the engine sound the exhaust, the look, the turning... orgasmic!

Lol, Boris, I know... Im both Uki and Rusk... additionally Polish...

---

If you call Pioneer and tell them the "hack" job they did they might compensate you, just need to exaderate a little and show proof... but you didn't hear this from me.

I hate when people touch my car freinds/mechanic, if I can't see what they are doing, they sure as hell are not getting behind the wheel or touching anything... I would hate it if this happened to me and would flip out in an instant... which will end up bad on my end...

Hi guys, just had the F900BT installed professionally

I think you'll agree that's a very loose interpretation...

Do as kerosene suggests...take it back and get your money back or a brand new unit in the box. If you paid with a credit card, dispute the charge so you can get your money back if they balk at doing what's right.

If these folks are an authorized dealer, send the pics and your story to Pioneer so they have a record of the work they do.

Next, please tell all here who the hell hacked up your unit and brand new car...

[uPDATE]

Just got back from the installing dealer and they were embarrassed and did not have a lot to say, basically the owner & manger did not know the installing tech did this. What happened was this, the installer thought he was to install a 700BT and installed a harness into the vehicle for that unit, apparently they have these harnesses pre-made as they do the hardware bypass patch for the customer. which is cool, however when the manager gave him the 900BT he realized then he either had to cut out the old harness and install the correct one (as the 700bt does not a VSS wire) or ADD the VSS wire to the installed harness. Well to "save" time he added the wire, which would have been fine, if they had the proper connectors to snap it into the housing, but since they didn't or didn't want to ask, he just pulled the wires through in a effort to make contact. Well you know he wont be doing that again.

In the end I am happy... they installed a new harness and gave me a new 900bt so all is fine now. THE VSS IS HOOKED UP AND WORKS! YEAH!

The installing shop was Automedia & Tint Corona, CA

** THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INVALUABLE HELP FROM EVERYONE HERE!! **

Now I need to input all my radio presets and set it up.

By the way, is there a way to backup those radio presets without copying the Flash Disk?

I see at this location from the previous unit total backup:

My Flash Disk\USER\UserData\PHONEDATA

CallHistory1ccc229bfa.db

CallHistory174bdd07ca.db

PhoneBook1ccc229bfa.db

PhoneBook174bdd07ca.db

These files would this be the ones?

I would think I should only RESTORE the phonebook ones and NOT the history or do all of them? Or maybe these are not the right files and there is some other location?

you know... considering they fecked up they should have upgraded you to 90bt free... that is some bs... if your car caught on fire or worse blew up and did damage, they would have to be held liable... if I were you I would remove it from the car and go elsewhere... no matter how you look at it they fucked up and gave you nothing for it

Yes they did kerosene...they fixed it and made it right with him. I think what they did was appropriate. Everyone makes mistakes...they made it right. Glad it's taken care of. That was handled correctly. You wouldn't want to have to pay a bunch of money everytime you made an honest error. It was definitely a hack job that should have never been sent out, but they fixed it.

Yes they did kerosene...they fixed it and made it right with him. I think what they did was appropriate. Everyone makes mistakes...they made it right. Glad it's taken care of. That was handled correctly. You wouldn't want to have to pay a bunch of money everytime you made an honest error. It was definitely a hack job that should have never been sent out, but they fixed it.

I agree with you 03Aviator, they made it right. Sure it was a hassle for me to bring it back a second time, however they were honest about it and promptly took care of it. I see no need to add "kerosene" to the fire ;) by asking for something more that I paid for. Now if there was damage to the vehicle, then that would be a totally different thing. They were fortunate in that regard.