AVIC411.com

Using Europe Map on US F900BT

Is there any other option than downloading the iGo 8.0 maps. I want to buy them and stay clean ;) what if NaviExtras doesnt work??

Is there any other website selling it cheap?

Cheap... in Europe Not sure, but you could try some reseller that has a decent return policy.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can I really copy all europe maps in internal memory without deleting US maps or do I have to delete some US???

I recommend you do a complete backup of your device, good idea if you plan to hack your device anyway. Then, what I did with my F700, delete all US maps, which frees a lot of internal disc space. Then I loaded the major roads of western europe and the countries I need. Then I replaced the french speech ogg files with the german speech files. Except for the US user interface everything is now swapped to german on my F700BT. Even the spped cameras for europe are working! Pretty cool..... :-)

Tom

Is there any other option than downloading the iGo 8.0 maps. I want to buy them and stay clean ;) what if NaviExtras doesnt work??

Is there any other website selling it cheap?

Have you tried speaking to Pioneer about this issue?? Maybe they can help?

When I phoned Pioneer they told me no maps are on sale (yet)

They won't be available untill the next 'update' (no clue of what kind)

(guess that 'forces' us to borrow torrented maps... right?)

dahar313 issue might be even more difficult, as he wants to swap US maps and go to european once. From a license standpoint not easy....

When I phoned Pioneer they told me no maps are on sale (yet)

They won't be available untill the next 'update' (no clue of what kind)

(guess that 'forces' us to borrow torrented maps... right?)

dahar313 issue might be even more difficult, as he wants to swap US maps and go to european once. From a license standpoint not easy....

Yeah sorry,

That was my exact question to Pioneer too ;)

And guess what they told me:

- There's this forum....

Avic411?

- yes!

what about it?

- it is all very clearly described how to be able to load EU maps

so you are saying to go for that route instead?

- yes

wow... funny you know about these things too

- we try every mod and hack that is posted there.

hhahahaha! really?

- Yes, we have to. It is how we learn and see for ourselves too. Just be very carefull you don't kill your unit. There's nothing we could do for you. Also us putting EU firmware on your unit won't work.

so... Nice lady from Pioneer in The Hague:

HI!!! :D

So wat do u guys suggest? Should I just download torrent maps, do license hack, put the maps in my device ... is it?

One more questions; how do u put maps in your device, it has to be connected in your car to get current (electric) or u can connect it with ur computer???

So wat do u guys suggest? Should I just download torrent maps, do license hack, put the maps in my device ... is it?

That's what I understand from paQ, he seems to be from Europe as well... Actually it is not completly right in regards to legal laws, but instead of using the US maps I use the Euro maps, so what is the big deal?! Yeah, it's not 100% safe, but what the h....

One more questions; how do u put maps in your device, it has to be connected in your car to get current (electric) or u can connect it with ur computer???

You can leave your Pioneer in the car. Copy the new maps to your SD card. Bring your device into testmode and then copy the maps onto the internal storage. If you have the correct versions, the Pioneer app recognize the new map after reboot.

@ CalTom

I see you are also from Germany, do you know much custom/duties (Zoll) you have to pay in Germany when importing this from the US?

Thanks.

Not exactly... I bought mine some weeks ago while I was in LA. Circuit City had good deals at that time, since they are closing all stores. So back in Germany, the Avic traveling in my luggage, I paid nothing - no VAT no nothing. Great deal!!

At least you have to add 19% VAT on the invoice amount (incl. freight) and then I would calculate with approx. 7.5% for Zoll. You might find the correct tariff by checking the zoll.de website.

But, it might be even more difficult to find a dealer, who is willing to ship to Germany....

Good luck!

Tom

Hi, I think than the really important information in this post is really shorter than the long post. I think would be a really good idea if someone could post the important links and info in another post or separated from the rest.

What do you think about it???

At least you have to add 19% VAT on the invoice amount (incl. freight) and then I would calculate with approx. 7.5% for Zoll. You might find the correct tariff by checking the zoll.de website.

customs rate in EU-countries for GPS navigation systems is 0%

Also the Netherlands have raised their duty free LUGGAGE import tot 425 EUR. (also for VAT)

Does Building 3D, landscapes or POIs have any version like 8.0 or they are always same???

I found the maps in 2008.04 version and also one link for buildings, landscapes, etc but it does not say any version!!! Can I just copy them in my device?

Those should be all the same.

Hi Boris,

Now I have the 2008.04 maps but I am still waiting for my AVIC. In between I read in another thread that you can download 2008/07 or 2008/10 on your AVIC.

Is it true? 2008/10 with EZRIDER and license hack?

Another question: AVIC runs Windows CE (if I am correct). So, cant we just install the new software instead of copying maps? Normally it should be possible to install (software) iGo 8.0 or even iGo 8.3 on Windows CE. Thats what iGo is made for.

Did someone tried it, and if why was it not possible to install a new software? I remember doing it once in my old Falk, I installed Navigon on SD of my Falk and it worked fine.

Thanks.