AVIC411.com

Using Europe Map on US F900BT

I have been reading this topic , and have a question. I have a 900bt with version 2.0 firmware, would this mod benefit me? I am experiencing trouble with addresses be off sometimes. What version of maps is currently be used in version 2.0 firmware?

SInce you are running 2.0 I assume that you are in US/Canada. 2.0 firmware did not update maps, so they still are TeleAtlas 0801 (I think).

With the hack you can install 0807 maps wehich _should_ be more accurate. The only way to know for sure would be to try them in your particular location...

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Blue squares have nothing to do with the executable. This is purely a skin issue, and it was fixed in 2.0(1.9 Europe) update as well as by many skin modders here.

Indeed, i don't know why, but (having firmware 1.9) i had the blue square when gps didn't know yet my position.

So correction to my previous post above : there is no blue square back.

Ummm... was it when you had an active route or when you didn't?

With an active route squares will show (since this is where instructions go). But if the unit doesn't know your position it can't put actual directions in there, so you get empty rectangles.

If you get them without an active route then something's messed up...

Ok, I think I got it working but I think I was hoping it would do something else...lol. There is a pic in the launcher 2.0 topic that shows iGo running and the bluetooth light is on with the iPod overlay on the maps.

I got the Florida map and the license file and copied over the ezrider file but nothing happened. I go to the map info screen and all of my maps say 2007 except florida says 2008. It loads the map (which is why I assume it worked) but the layout looks exactly the same as the regular avic mapping system.

I was trying to get the new software look (with the binoculars in the upper left hand corner) without losing my bluetooth and ipod capability.

Here are pics of what I have right now as well as the pic of what I want.

The first pic shows all the regular maps except Florida which is running the new maps of 2008 compared to 2007.

The second pic is the map of Florida, but it looks normal.

The third pic is what I'm trying to get to. You can see the bluetooth light and the iPod overlay, but it's running the different map system.

post-22394-12872756432515_thumb.jpg

post-22394-12872756434105_thumb.jpg

post-22394-12872756435149_thumb.jpg

Hacked EZRider is still the Pioneer specific one (that's why you can use it without Launcher and it integrates with AVIC's A/V system). It simply allows you to use those newer maps.

If you want to use the binoculars view... this is iGO's standard factory skin, so either run that from Launcher, or someone would need to port it to AVIC...

-- EDIT --

Nevermind, i fixed it. It was the license files...i know for a fact that i didn't delete the old license files, but i got them out of the rar posted on page 3 and now its up and running with 2008.4 maps :lol:

-- Original Post --

Am i the only one this didn't work for? I copied over the hacked ezrider, and the whole set of 2008.4 maps, buildings, and POIs (8.0.0 version) and now my unit doesnt work at all. It boots up, runs for about 2 minutes, and then reboots. If i'm at the main menu, it has the "system is booting up" message, and the furthest I can get into the navi is the saftey message. I can use the AV part fine, until the unit reboots itself. Instead of copying the new content over the old, i deleted my existing map, poi, and building folders, then copied the new ones over. Maybe i shouldn't have done that? Unfortunately I didn't make a backup....i know, i know. Now my map folder contains the USA_(state).fbl files and a basemap.fbl file. Can someone check if their's has anything other than that? I copied the new license folder over the existing one, and now all my license folder has is the "Generic_iGO_WorldWide" license which is the one i downloaded. I assume there was another file in there before, but i didn't delete it. Does iGo automatically delete the old license file?

Help :cry:

• 2 weeks later...