Using Europe Map on US F900BT

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello all my friends.

It is really nice to be with you in this forum that i just discovered. :)

Well ..i read many topics here in the forum but i want to ask some things before i buy the Pioneer F900BT.

I am in europe and i want to buy from the US the US version (it is really cheaper). As i understand right now... we can change the licences to Europe mode and we can do the same with the Igo Maps. By default the europe version came with Igo maps or not? (am i correct till now?)

Are there any else differences between these two versions?

Many thanks for your replies and nice to be here ;)

yes you can buy a us unit an install european maps on it. normally us version only ship with us maps,but with the newly discovered hack,you can now install any map on it.

Thanks. You mean the hack that is in the previous page with the licences right?

Well can somehow get and install the default europe maps(that comming with the europe devices) in US device?

Or i can only install maps like iGo or Tomtom etc?

Thanks.

Well can somehow get and install the default europe maps(that comming with the europe devices) in US device?

Or i can only install maps like iGo or Tomtom etc?

Thanks.

Once you apply the hack, you can use any iGO 8 maps (since this is what the unit runs). I believe you van find European maps newer thaqn what comes on the unit originally...

Once you apply the hack, you can use any iGO 8 maps

One important note: you can use any iGO 8.0 maps, but not 8.3!

iGO 8.3 has different map format and you can't use any newest 8.3 maps (either TeleAtlas or Navteq) on stock AVIC-iGO.

I can't find where is the important thing in this! You mean that from now on i could not update my maps in newer versions?

So i just change the maps. The software is the same.

So there are no other differences between US and EU model right? :)

Thanks.

You mean that from now on i could not update my maps in newer versions?

No, you CAN use updated maps and other content on AVIC-F900BT, but please check that this content designed especialy for iGO 8.0. I hope (but I'm not sure) that NavNGo will keep provide updated content for both 8.0 and 8.3, but you should choose appropriate content by self.

i´m new in this topic and i need some help.

i downloaded the files and what i do with them? how i transfer this files to the dvd? i can substitutes this files from the new firmware and install it?

another doubt is about the licenses, the license is the map? i´m in brazil i need a license from brazil?

i need to execute the file ezrider.exe?

thanks

Exactly link: http://rapidshare.de/files/40903102/ir.zip.html

This ZIP-file contains several files, but we need just one: EZRIDER.exe and license file. Included license for Europe only, but you can use either license files.

Boot the unit in Tets Mode.

Open APL2\IGO folder on the AVIC and make a backup copy of ezrider.exe (this is the main Navi program).

Copy ezrider.exe from this forum over the one you just backed up.

Copy a licrense file (.lic) to APL2\igo\license

Copy iGO 8 map of Brazil to APL2\iGO\Content\Map.

Reboot the unit. You shoulds have working maps of Brazil now.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been reading this topic , and have a question. I have a 900bt with version 2.0 firmware, would this mod benefit me? I am experiencing trouble with addresses be off sometimes. What version of maps is currently be used in version 2.0 firmware?