AVIC411.com

How To: Turn The Redlight/Speedcam Features On.

I installed the hack and it works as supposed to. But when i approach a red light camera, the distance to the camera is correct and is reduced as i get closer to the cam, but for some reason all of the cams around town show the speed limit as 66mph and it doesnt change. Did i do somhing wrong? I have to manaully enter the speed limit of each cam ? thanks for the reply..

The data files provided either don't have correct speed listed, or those are really just red light cameras but they got tagged with a (wrong) speed value...

that happened to me as well, what i did is i manually edited all of the cams,

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is the size of the speed cam dependent on anything? i want to make the image larger so as when i'm using the navi in 3d i'll be able to see it better

Purely on the size of the camera image. (speedwarn.bmp or speedcam_bigicon.bmp I think).

is the size of the speed cam dependent on anything? i want to make the image larger so as when i'm using the navi in 3d i'll be able to see it better

Purely on the size of the camera image. (speedwarn.bmp or speedcam_bigicon.bmp I think).

is it in the common folder or the 800_400 folder? the camera that appears on my nav is 746_32K_OM-502_24b.bmp located in the 800 folder not the speed_cams.bmp that is in the commons folder

Is there a complete list of what specific files are necessary to do this mod? I want to integrate this into the Maverick Mod. I used and updated the files BorisM listed and had in his zip, but there must be something else missing since the system just hung at the System Starting Up message and then would reboot after 5 minutes, over and over.

I moved the Place and Setting 800_400 and Common UI files into my existing DATA.zip, updated the SYS.txt file to turn on SpeedCam, and copied the data txt files into the IG0/Content/Speedcam folder. There must be something else missing.

Any help appreciated. If someone has already added this to the Mav data file, willing to share?

Ceger

is it in the common folder or the 800_400 folder? the camera that appears on my nav is 746_32K_OM-502_24b.bmp located in the 800 folder not the speed_cams.bmp that is in the commons folder

Could be that one... I just checked the speedcam.icon file but it could be overridden somewhere...

Found a bug in this mod :cry:

When I;m driving from A to B passing a trajectctontrol (multiple speedcameras over an x stretch, calculating your average speed) all goes well.

link for exact traject

When I return from B to A passing that same traject it gets stuck after the first benchmark. It after that does react to new cameras, but after that always returns to some speedcam with 0m to go.

I can only get rid of it be deactivating the speedcams and reactivate them.

note:

there is a highway intersection right in the middle of this trajectcontrol, cams all over the place.

Could be that one... I just checked the speedcam.icon file but it could be overridden somewhere...

so i tried edting that one but it has no effect, any clue?

so i tried edting that one but it has no effect, any clue?

so it was the speedwarn.bmp, the edited image shows but still the same size, so what commands it to show a specific size?

so it was the speedwarn.bmp, the edited image shows but still the same size, so what commands it to show a specific size?

As usual, you have to edit the .SPR file. speedwarn.spr says that the image is 16 pixels tall...

You could simply apply files that are changed for speedcams (one line in SYS.TXT, not strictly necessary), speedcamXXX.ui, and placeXXX.ui on top of Mav's mods. I do not think his change any of these files...

Speedcam and Place UI files, and not setting and place ones? That might be why I had the problem. Any new BMPs that need to be moved over as well?

I am asking because your zip had the latter 2 and not the speedcam one in it.

Ceger

You could simply apply files that are changed for speedcams (one line in SYS.TXT, not strictly necessary), speedcamXXX.ui, and placeXXX.ui on top of Mav's mods. I do not think his change any of these files...

Speedcam and Place UI files, and not setting and place ones? That might be why I had the problem. Any new BMPs that need to be moved over as well?

I am asking because your zip had the latter 2 and not the speedcam one in it.

Ceger

I made more changes than just speedcams in mine. Settings could be used too, but they mostly let you turn cams on and off, if you turn them on in SYS.TXT they will just stay like that...