AVIC411.com

AVIC-F Hardwire Bypass for Dummies

By chance does any have an actually wiring diagram of this mod, or have any incentive to make one. I am planning on making a video of my install and bypass and i just want to make sure that everything goes smoothly. I graduated from a trade school in the major of electronics so i understand all the terms listed in this "how-to," I just have some confusion over the pictures. anyway, if anyone cares to make one, or has one, please help a brother out(actually im white, but regardless) :wink:

Anyway, I would love to upload a video of the step by step process to hopefully stop any confusion. Oh, and the wiring diagram doesn't have to be perfect, just the used wires in the process (it could be done in microsoft paint for all i care). Thanks for any help in advance. I think im going to enjoy the time i spend on this forum.

-Stubs

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had this done at an install shop on my 2005 ford f-350. They say they have done lots and never had a problem. However, I get a message saying improper connection of parking brake lead. Then I get the viewing of video source while driving is strictly prohibited. I even went back and had it checked over. Any suggestions?

I had this done at an install shop on my 2005 ford f-350. They say they have done lots and never had a problem. However, I get a message saying improper connection of parking brake lead. Then I get the viewing of video source while driving is strictly prohibited. I even went back and had it checked over. Any suggestions?

They grounded the parking brake wire, but they didn't move the mute wire to the correct pin and ground it. Covered several times now.

They grounded the parking brake wire, but they didn't move the mute wire to the correct pin and ground it. Covered several times now.

Thanks for pointing out the fact it has been covered many times, but they said they did move the mute wire and ground it. Any one else?

Thanks for pointing out the fact it has been covered many times, but they said they did move the mute wire and ground it. Any one else?

Yes.. they didn't do it correctly, this one isn't rocket science at this point.

Yes.. they didn't do it correctly, this one isn't rocket science at this point.

Alright. Thanks Diane. If there is nothing else it could be then I will just pull it appart myself and see what is going on. Thanks for your help.

I just pulled it apart and everything is done right. I even cut it and re-grounded it elsewhere. Same thing. The unit has 2.0 update. It's in a 2005 ford f-350. I am at a loss here. Any other ideas? Even if I press the parking brake down a bit it still turns off video at 16k. Thanks in advance.

I just pulled it apart and everything is done right. I even cut it and re-grounded it elsewhere. Same thing. The unit has 2.0 update. It's in a 2005 ford f-350. I am at a loss here. Any other ideas? Even if I press the parking brake down a bit it still turns off video at 16k. Thanks in advance.

It's not the parking brake wire, it's the moved "mute wire" that's not done correctly. Go all the way back to post 1 in the thread.

The parking brake wire IS correct, and it's bitching at you because the GPS or VSS says that you're moving, it's the bypass that is not done correctly.

Yes we keep saying it over and over, but that's what the issue is.

It's not the parking brake wire, it's the moved "mute wire" that's not done correctly. Go all the way back to post 1 in the thread.

The parking brake wire IS correct, and it's bitching at you because the GPS or VSS says that you're moving, it's the bypass that is not done correctly.

Yes we keep saying it over and over, but that's what the issue is.

The moved mute wire appears to be correct. It is in the right loction, spot 4 between two black wires. Pulled on it and it is tight too. It is grounded with the parking brake wire to the main ground. I also tried grounding them both elsewhere and got the same result. This is why I am confused.

The moved mute wire appears to be correct. It is in the right loction, spot 4 between two black wires. Pulled on it and it is tight too. It is grounded with the parking brake wire to the main ground. I also tried grounding them both elsewhere and got the same result. This is why I am confused.

The fact that it's telling you that the parking brake is not correct is the key that the bypass is not done correctly. If the parking brake wire wasn't grounded, you would not be getting the error, but then you couldn't work on the settings either.

Well from reading for hours through multiple threads there is some different story's. Some people have no trouble and some go through what I am. A professional shop did it and then checked it over a second time. They do this for a living! I read here lots and pulled it appart check it even moved the grounds, checked the pin in #4 and still nothing. I don't want to waste alot of time on this so if I have time i will seperate the grounds and try that(worked for some people) or try the software work around. Or I might just say F it, don't really need it! Thanks for the input anyway.

Guys, dont try any of this. I bought/installed mine thru Best Buy in September last year and 2 days ago it stopped working. It wouldnt turn on. When I went to Best Buy they were not ready to touch it as the Hardware bypass was done. I went thru an hour of discussion before the guy finally agreed to work on it (they will send it to the repair facility). My point is, I know we all love this Hardware bypass but do it at your own risk which I found out today could be really high.

^ Well of course. Any time you modify anything out of manufacturers specs you run a risk of getting your warranty voided.

Tech at Best Buy should've been cooler about it but he had every right to refuse to work on it. After all, this modification is illegal in many places.

Well had time to pull it apart again, and I don't like it when I can't figure things out! Tried seperating grounds a few different ways and still no go. Tugged in and out on mute wire and still nothing. Since Diannebrat said that's what is has to be I pulled the mute wire out completely, pinched the pin tighter togather and re-assembled. Voila! Video at Any speed. So I am posting this for any one else that may be frustrated and tried everything. Pinch the pin on the mute wire a little tighter togather then re-insert and make sure it doesn't come out. Thanks Dianebrat:)