AVIC411.com

AVIC-F Hardwire Bypass for Dummies

Yeah this is incredibly easy and worked great. The secret for getting the mute wire out is to push down where you can see the metal clip through the holes in the white plastic part, then it will just slide right out. I used a really small jewlers screwdriver to do it. Should've taken a picture...

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Registered on this site just to say thanks to the OP. Plus I found a real easy way to take out the mute wire. Just take a sewing pin and you can just un-clip the wire by gently prying the little tab up ever so slightly(on the top of the harness where you can see into the harness). Literally took me about 5 seconds to take out, and slid right in and locked into its new home right in about the same amount of time. The key is the sewing needle/pin.

Thanks minifreezer. The only reason I'm so skeptical is because I have a buddy who works at Future Shop and does car audio installation and when he tried to do the bypass for someone using the hardware bypass, it worked for a few days and then stopped working for some reason. And he says he triple checked all the connections and that they were soldered so I can't understand why it wouldn't work for him. His friend's using the 2.0 firmware too. Any ideas why it may not have worked?

The parking brake wire usually sends an on/off signal from the parking brake to the Head Unit. By grounding it you are telling the unit that the parking brake is always off. If you don't ground this wire you get an error saying the unit is wired incorrectly.

The other pin (the one that we are using the MUTE wire to ground) is a safety bypass signal. Grounding this signal is what actualy bypasses the parking brake safety measures so you can use the unit while in motion. At least that is my understanding.

Because i have near to pioneer i pleased to chack this in service manual and lets wait have some info what that pin really do because all my infos about is only in light green grounded wire.

This is for eur version but in past it was only light green.

When i got some news will post info