AVIC411.com

Firmware WISHLIST for F-Series. Please contribute!

Pioneer and Apple get their heads out of there asses and make it to where we can watch video off our iPod touch

You need to get your head out of yours. It has worked since 2.0

You need to read more carefully, I said iPod TOUCH, not the Nano that you have. I think you need to look at this from Pioneer and note what it says about Video Browsing for the iPod Touch: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ephox ... 0Chart.pdf

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A few bugs missing so far:

* Fix the HD radio preset button info display

* Start a song where it left off on SD and USB drives. It does it for ipod and data disc but not SD and USB drive?

Enhancements or bugs?

* In SD and USB random play, make left/right button go to next *random* song, not previous/next. Again, ipod and data disc do this.

* Make the up/down buttons go to previous/next folder instead of doing nothing (the FH-P8000BT does this)

Please, let's get the bugs (track up in 2D included) fixed before enhancements!

Pioneer and Apple get their heads out of there asses and make it to where we can watch video off our iPod touch

You need to read more carefully, I said iPod TOUCH, not the Nano that you have. I think you need to look at this from Pioneer and note what it says about Video Browsing for the iPod Touch: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ephox ... 0Chart.pdf

the ipod touch works for video update your ipod to 2.1 and your pioneer to 2.0 and ready to rip. Trust me it works

1) Get Igo 8.3 update to replace the 8.0 in F900BT

2) Ability to turn down the key press volume or even mute it

3) Hiss sound in bluetooth (Even after 3.30 update)

4) Ability to add/delete single contacts rather then wipe them all or transfer all the unnecessary numbers on the mobile phone

5) FM station which is currently playing to be highighted in colour in the preset list.

6) I'm using a Nokia S60 based phone and all numbers are entered in the contacts list correctly as First Name, Surname order. But when transferred to F900Bt they all look backwards. (Surname & Name)

7) For contacts why can't we see different numbers of the same person under a sub menu rather than laid out as different persons.

8) Simply turn the system off at one simple go.(not the screen only) Please forgive me if there is a way to do this but I don't know how to. I still turn the car off and back on to stop the device (Are you sure Microsoft hasn't produced this machine :)

9) Faster system pleaase. Please refer to the keypress wav files (70kb)changed to blank (7kb) wav files thread in the forum. Everyone say the system has speeded up dramatically so it must be the wav files causing delays on the touchscreen.

10) If received a call during contacts transfer the system gets locked.

11) More color schemes to I-Go (I still couldn't figure out what is the difference between red night or blue night)

12) Skinning support.

13) Ability to delete route via the map screen rather than clicking menu/destination/delete route

14) Missing voice recognition established

15) Facility to save favourites and custom poi's to usb or SD

16) When second call comes in while talking in bluetooth mode the unit gets stuck, or mutes music on and off and does not show a second call is coming neither shows the number.

the ipod touch works for video update your ipod to 2.1 and your pioneer to 2.0 and ready to rip. Trust me it works

Son of a bitch, you're right. Well then they need to get their heads out of their ass and up-date their web to reflect this. So it was Apple all along. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ephox ... 0Chart.pdf

i would like to see an even faster start up. i hate how some things dont work well or even at all until 2 or 3 minutes after power up. touch screen lags, doesnt register touches, VR freezes if the VR button is pressed too soon after power up.

i would like more elaborate bluetooth controls. ie, being able to switch back to the handset at the touch of a button for private calls, better volume control, the ability to go through voicemail menus on the touch screen ("press 1 to listen to your new messages, press 7 to delete this message"), better reliability from the bluetooth. sometimes my bluetooth control screen does not appear. sometimes when i end a call the unit locks up. lots of other issues with the bluetooth.

there is more but ive run out of steam.

• 1 month later...

Would like to see higher resolution artwork on 1G iPod Touch, 3G nano (fatboy nano). From this forum, it appears that the 4G nano works.

I am current on all firmware updates for my ipods:

iPod Touch 1gen 16GB: 2.2

Ipod Nano 3gen 8GB: 1.1.3

iPod Nano 2gen 4GB: 1.1.3

I'm going to hack my unit, but I'd also like to see mute/volume control on the navigation voice.

Finally, the ability to go "private" on the phone call (there's only a mute button right now).

-The 2d map tracking is annoying (the fact that it doesnt do it)

-When on a call via BT, ill switch to talk only on my phone, and I still cant listen to music (if other people are in the vehicle) (and if you can do this, I dont know yet how to)

-Like said before...the fact that music doesnt get paused while talking via BT.

Thats my main gripes

-When on a call via BT, ill switch to talk only on my phone, and I still cant listen to music (if other people are in the vehicle) (and if you can do this, I dont know yet how to)

-Like said before...the fact that music doesnt get paused while talking via BT.

I totally forgot about pausing the music! I'll put that on my wishlist too. I have the factory Sync Nav system on my Escape and it pauses while you're on a call! But it doesn't have any (not even low-res) album artwork from your iPod!

Needs

14) branded POI

I agree with this one, if you are looking for food or gas station it would be nice to see the branded logo icon rather than show a generic icon. This would be my #2 request

1) Quicker boot-up

3) Freezing after a call

4) General quickness/button lag

5) quicker back cam

6) little clearer larger text on the display, maybe 1 or 2 pixels bigger. It can be hard to read when driving

7) Have an overlay button for Mute

8) Single Contact listing: I don't like that it puts your contact multiple time in the contact list. It should have the contact and all the numbers associated with the contact. Also would like to be able to put my own picture for my contact