AVIC411.com

Maverickster's Mods - UPDATED 12/9/08

I am really loving maverics mods. It is an excellent setup.

I would like to add in a couple things to my setup. I would like a mute all button and a screen blank button

These features on the system are not easy to get at.

Sometimes, it would be handy to just mute the sound, like say if a cop stops me, or for phone calls without blue tooth.

The screen blanking thing would be handy if I wanted to keep someone from noticing my flashy setup, or say at night to help outside visibility.

There is no off switch and having these buttons would be very close.

I am thinking about giving up the satelite info button in order to put these 2 side by side there.

Any pointers where I can find code for this?

Thanks very much.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks to me like it might be possible to crate my own menu.

For now just for convenience sake.. I have used Maverics Data.zip and want to build on it.

I have put 2 mods in already.

1) the software bypass

2) removal of european maps references also called the speedup mod.

While I like the shortcuts in the mods, I would prefer some of them and more in a single button quick access menu. I would like all the buttons on the right except the clock in it. I hope I can do this

Also, while looking through Maverics data.zip i noticed what appear to be references to files that I that I don't have.

In the poneer.ini file, there are these lines:

[folders]

usb_kmlpoi="USB Disk/poi"

[speedcam]

import_directory="\Storage Card\poi\speedcam"

I'm going to comment them out as I don't want it searching my sd card for them.

I'm wondering if there are any other references to files I might not have such as picture files and screen backgrounds.

Pleas let me know if there are any more.

Thank you very much Maveric.

In the poneer.ini file, there are these lines:

[folders]

usb_kmlpoi="USB Disk/poi"

[speedcam]

import_directory="\Storage Card\poi\speedcam"

I'm going to comment them out as I don't want it searching my sd card for them.

These are standard factory entries. If you never ever are going to add your own POIs or speedcameras (at least the easy way), you can comment them out. They do not affect your speed at all though...

Well, I figured out how to install Mavericksters hacks by searching this forum and reading almost every topic and post. Taken me days, but i've done it and I'm chuffed - thanks Mr. Mav :)

Just to confirm, I'm in the UK, using a 500 model, and the following needs to be altered in the 'Testmode' folder -

MITACAP/Testmode/APL2/iGO/content/MapDBInfo - Change "Area: UC" into "Area EW".

Now I'm off to do a proper install - already mounted the bracket and cradle mount (minus the HUGE suction cup) on a central air vent, so it's down to hiding all the wiring and interconnecting between head unit/500 amp/500 display. Happy daze :D

Thanks to all the contributors on this forum, top notch stuff!

Well, I figured out how to install Mavericksters hacks by searching this forum and reading almost every topic and post. Taken me days, but i've done it and I'm chuffed - thanks Mr. Mav :)

Just to confirm, I'm in the UK, using a 500 model, and the following needs to be altered in the 'Testmode' folder -

MITACAP/Testmode/APL2/iGO/content/MapDBInfo - Change "Area: UC" into "Area EW".

Now I'm off to do a proper install - already mounted the bracket and cradle mount (minus the HUGE suction cup) on a central air vent, so it's down to hiding all the wiring and interconnecting between head unit/500 amp/500 display. Happy daze :D

Thanks to all the contributors on this forum, top notch stuff!

After installing Mavs mods I've been doing a little tweaking - IMO the black font/white glow on the clock/speed info/elevation were sometimes hard to interpret on the maps at particular times, so I've tried loads of colour combos.

This works great for me, on both day and night maps:

color=#FFFFFF (white)

[glow]color2=#0000CD (blue 3/medium blue)

If anyone tries it please let me know what you think.

Hi,

I did exactly as written for the mods : TERMINATE ROUTE/POI SELECT MOD + MUTE GUIDANCE.

However, the avic keeps rebooting.

Those are the only 2 mods i've added to the original data.zip provided by pioneer...

Any idea why it keeps rebooting ?

Thanks for the help).

Well, after doing this mod I thought all was well, but I'm having problems with the map guidance - the maps stay in same position on screen, but the arrow moves along the route until it disappears off the screen! this happens in both 2D and 3D.

The only tweaks I've done to Mavericks Data.zip hack is to change font size/glowsize/colours on the clock, multi info window and speed/limit display.

Can anyone help me with this?

Cheers, Mark

BTW, it's a 500 Euro mpdel