AVIC411.com

Maverickster's Mods - UPDATED 12/9/08

Well, after doing this mod I thought all was well, but I'm having problems with the map guidance - the maps stay in same position on screen, but the arrow moves along the route until it disappears off the screen! this happens in both 2D and 3D.

The only tweaks I've done to Mavericks Data.zip hack is to change font size/glowsize/colours on the clock, multi info window and speed/limit display.

Can anyone help me with this?

Cheers, Mark

BTW, it's a 500 Euro mpdel

Mark - The follow off screen action is enabled if you were to touch the map icon. To clear the action all you'd need to do is hit your map button to clear the cursor. You'll notice that a cursor is placed at the original ponit of your arrow. The cursor stays stationary but the arrow follows the road and eventually goes off the screen.

Here's the part that's in the zip, it's not only in Mav's zip but was on all our units in stock form.

Hope this helps.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark - The follow off screen action is enabled if you were to touch the map icon. To clear the action all you'd need to do is hit your map button to clear the cursor. You'll notice that a cursor is placed at the original ponit of your arrow. The cursor stays stationary but the arrow follows the road and eventually goes off the screen.

Here's the part that's in the zip, it's not only in Mav's zip but was on all our units in stock form.

Hope this helps.

Thanx for quick reply, I will try this in a few hours on my way to work. Gotta get some sleep now, up in 4 hours. I'll let you know if this solves it.

I would like to thank Maverickster for all the work he has done regarding these MODS. I installed all of them on a 90BT and it works great.

This may be asking to much but can you make a separate screen pop up that only has the MPH on it and have the font about five times as large as it is now. Would be nice to have it with route or without route set. This would take the place of a head up display I was going to buy for the speed.

If this is not possible can you make a button that when touched will show the MPH (5 times as large) and place it at the center of the map screen and then go back to original position when you hit the button again.

I am asking this because I am an old guy.

Thanks again for the MODS.

Here's a list of the tweaks I've made to Mavericksters DATA.zip hacks, just to get my 500 looking how I want it:

- Altered font/glow colours on clock, speed/speed limit, GPS altitude and route info box. Font #FFFFFF (white), glow 0000CD (blue 3).

- Moved GPS altitude to bottom left of screen, this enables Speedcam warning box to be fully displayed; original speed/speed limit covered most of Speedcam box.

- Moved speed/speed limit to top left of screen, same level as clock, much easier to read up there and less clutter.

- Moved GPS button higher and further right, midway between next turn and route info box; this makes button much easier to press and register.

Now I want to make this button slightly bigger, does anyone know how I can do this?

So far this is looking really good, and I'm also getting more of an understanding of how codes work, although I'm still only a novice.

Love this forum and it's contributors, all this info has kept me amused for hours - days even! LOL.

Thanks for your help, in particular Mav for his original DATA.zip, all I've done is play around with his mods.

Here's a list of the tweaks I've made to Mavericksters DATA.zip hacks, just to get my 500 looking how I want it:

- Altered font/glow colours on clock, speed/speed limit, GPS altitude and route info box. Font #FFFFFF (white), glow 0000CD (blue 3).

- Moved GPS altitude to bottom left of screen, this enables Speedcam warning box to be fully displayed; original speed/speed limit covered most of Speedcam box.

- Moved speed/speed limit to top left of screen, same level as clock, much easier to read up there and less clutter.

- Moved GPS button higher and further right, midway between next turn and route info box; this makes button much easier to press and register.

Now I want to make this button slightly bigger, does anyone know how I can do this?

So far this is looking really good, and I'm also getting more of an understanding of how codes work, although I'm still only a novice.

Love this forum and it's contributors, all this info has kept me amused for hours - days even! LOL.

Thanks for your help, in particular Mav for his original DATA.zip, all I've done is play around with his mods.

Hey Mav, do you know how I can alter your code so that GPS altitude and Speed/limit will display on both in-route and out-of-route map screens?

I've moved the Speedcam warning box and now have GPS altitude to left of arrow (in 3D mode) and Speed/limit to the right. Now there is nothing that will cover these displays so I want to have them there on all screens/maps.

I am trying to figure this out on my own, but it's got me stumped! Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Mark

Hey Mav, do you know how I can alter your code so that GPS altitude and Speed/limit will display on both in-route and out-of-route map screens?

I've moved the Speedcam warning box and now have GPS altitude to left of arrow (in 3D mode) and Speed/limit to the right. Now there is nothing that will cover these displays so I want to have them there on all maps, with and without route

I am trying to figure this out on my own, but it's got me stumped! Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Mark

geeze your avic looks awsome... so noob here... is all I do is take your data zip and replace mine with it and I will have all your mods????(i saved my whole flash disc already)

Hey, is it my DATA.zip your after? If so, you're welcome, but I aint got a clue how you can access it, I'm struggling to even post a pic on here LOL

Hey, is it my DATA.zip your after? If so, you're welcome, but I aint got a clue how you can access it, I'm struggling to even post a pic on here LOL

well maybe I will... mph on top would be cool please post it.... if you can post it thanks... I would love to know how you guys move stuff around and change colors and make things bigger I read almost every post since August here and I guess the ones I skipped were the ones that showed exactly how you guys do it