AVIC411.com

Maverickster's Mods - UPDATED 12/9/08

I tried download mcast25 text file and copying the text into mavs ui file. i cant get it to work, it just gets hung up in the system starting and wont load from there. am i doing something wrong. it seems that everything i do isnt working and i am very good with computers. this is really frustrating me. any help would be greatly appreciated. :(

thank you

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried download mcast25 text file and copying the text into mavs ui file. i cant get it to work, it just gets hung up in the system starting and wont load from there. am i doing something wrong. it seems that everything i do isnt working and i am very good with computers. this is really frustrating me. any help would be greatly appreciated. :(

thank you

you need to follow simple instructions... what did you miss on page one?

i feel like a total noob:

i right clicked on mcast25 second link and saved his ui.text file to my computer. then i opened the .ui file from mavs mod and copied in the text from mcast25 .ui.txt file. then i saved the .ui file and pasted into the avic. when i do this it doesnt get past the system starting screen. it seems simple but it wont work. i have done 3 or 4 times.

i went thru mcast25 .ui file and just copied in the changes he made to mavs file into mavs file. still not working. could it be that he posted the wrong .ui file again. i dont understand what is going wrong. that setup is perfect and is exactly what i am looking for. if someone could help me figure this out i would really be psyched. i still cant get the MAP CONFIRMATION SCREEN BUTTON to work. i know i am being a pain in the as*, but i just want this radio to work right for me. any help would be great.

thanks

SPEEDO/ALTIMETER/ROUTE INFO MOD

Step 1: To remove the Map Scale, open up and search through the code of every file in the DATA/ui_pioneer/common/ui folder in the DATA.zip file. The following code should be changed as follows EVERYWHERE it appears:

Replace this:

map.ZOOMCONTROL_SHOW 1

with this

map.ZOOMCONTROL_SHOW 0

so what ui files have this? any easier way for the mapscale not to show up?

i have been trying to combine mcast25's ui file with mav's data file and have been unsuccessful. any help would be great. i also have been trying to figure out why the map confirmation screen button doesn't work. it works when you push the very right bottom of the button. does anyone have a fix for this? any help would be great thanks

First off, thanks for this fantastic mod Maverickster! My old eyeballs had a hard time seeing that tiny clock and MPH readout. Everything worked for me as described in your OP.

But, I did notice that my ability to ATTENUATE my music during navigation was taken away (grayed out) in the AV Sounds settings. I fixed this by editing your .ui file in your data.zip to remove the mute button from your mod. Now my AV Sound settings allow me to set my music to ATT, and everything else still works as advertised.

Thanks again!

Steve

First off, thanks for this fantastic mod Maverickster! My old eyeballs had a hard time seeing that tiny clock and MPH readout. Everything worked for me as described in your OP.

But, I did notice that my ability to ATTENUATE my music during navigation was taken away (grayed out) in the AV Sounds settings. I fixed this by editing your .ui file in your data.zip to remove the mute button from your mod. Now my AV Sound settings allow me to set my music to ATT, and everything else still works as advertised.

Thanks again!

Steve

you don't have to mod anything for this. I asked the same question myself before checking. all you have to do is turn off your audio and that setting will be available.

you don't have to mod anything for this. I asked the same question myself before checking. all you have to do is turn off your audio and that setting will be available.

Well sheesh! You are absolutely correct! If my old memory serves me, after I installed the MOD my sound source was ON when I rebooted and the ATT option was gone. After I modified the .ui file and uploaded the modded DATA.ZIP file and rebooted, my sound was OFF for some reason. That is when I noticed I had the option of ATT back. Go figure, something as simple as that. At least I learned how to extract, edit, and recompress a file inside a .zip file with WinRar. Live and learn I guess. Maybe I haven't gotten to that part of the Operation Manual yet. That thing is HUGE! :)