AVIC411.com

Maverickster's Mods - UPDATED 12/9/08

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was aq thread weith sorta-kinda reference for FireFly syntax and functions, but it is neither stickied (hint) nor complete...

Thanks Boris. I searched both 'FireFly' (produced only one other instance of the use of the word) and 'syntax' and no such thread came up. I will continue to look. I've been googling terms as I need to (just figured out glowsize that way) and I'm learning that way but it is certainly slower than having a syntax FAQ thread - complete or not.

UPDATE: Is this it: http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17753 ? It's waaayyy back in the back! If there is a better resource and don't mind posting it or pm'ing me, please do. I'm sure Mavericker and hkgms3 would appreciate you sending it to me as well.[/url]

There was also this one:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17809

I don't think there were too many references to FireFly before, mostly because even PDAMill/NavNGo don't quite tell what exactly it is (basically, seems to be the base UI engine used in their games, navi software, and what not)...

Find the line that defines the element you want to add the sound to (i.e. compass or GPS meter), and add it in there. If there is onclick defined already, insert this with a comma:

onclick='playsound "!button", something_that_was_here'

Im sorry but that didnt make much sense to me. Where should I insert that line in the following groups of code:

;Clock

;Compass

;

; GPS Status

;

Sorry to be a pain in the but, but I dont know what any of this means. I can however copy and paste really well. :D

Thats several possibilities. Can you be more specific?

You posted several lines of code. Although it doesn't matter where you put it between the < and the >, if you want somewhere specific, then put it immediately before the closing > in each one. Make sure there's a space in front of it.

Try it and see if it works.

--Mav

hey i use an ipod. So i was wondering if i could get a code for the compass so that it stays in the place it is in your mod, but instead of when pressing it the itinerary pops. I would like it to be the terminate route and the POI select button instead. I already removed the poi select and terminate route button from the screen. Thanks if you can help me out on this.

hey i use an ipod. So i was wondering if i could get a code for the compass so that it stays in the place it is in your mod, but instead of when pressing it the itinerary pops. I would like it to be the terminate route and the POI select button instead. I already removed the poi select and terminate route button from the screen. Thanks if you can help me out on this.

I haven't tried it but this SHOULD turn the compass into a terminate route/POI select button (of course, this will disable the itinerary shortcut):

;Compass 

;   

Good luck!