AVIC411.com

Maverickster's Mods - UPDATED 12/9/08

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Mav! Thank you. :)

No, thank YOU. This is a collaborative effort and without folks coming forward and identifying glitches and helping to troubleshoot them, this would be a lot more difficult and a lot less rewarding. I'm still not sure if I'm happy with the way I fixed the 2D/3D thing (there was no z layer command in the original data.zip, so I was hoping I'd be able to fix it without adding that), but it definitely works for the time being and I haven't seen any ill-effects from it, so I guess it will do.

Anyway, again, thanks for your help!

--Mav

No, thank YOU. This is a collaborative effort and without folks coming forward and identifying glitches and helping to troubleshoot them, this would be a lot more difficult and a lot less rewarding. I'm still not sure if I'm happy with the way I fixed the 2D/3D thing (there was no z layer command in the original data.zip, so I was hoping I'd be able to fix it without adding that), but it definitely works for the time being and I haven't seen any ill-effects from it, so I guess it will do.

--Mav

If this did fix it, then it probably is the best fix. Z controls the stacking order of layers, and something (may be one of your new layers is full screen?) was on top of 3D/2D button, thus preventing you from pressing it.

You could try moving your layers down, but moving buttons up is just as valid...

Maverickster,

FYI -- I did change the navigation.current_altitude to gps.elevation and now I am showing feet instead of miles. sweet

Wonder why your edited data.zip file was showing miles for me -- that makes no sense.

Yeah, I dunno, maybe it shows feet below a certain threshold (and I'm below it) and miles above it (and you're above it)? Either way, I altered the data.zip to gps.elevation so now it should be feet for everybody. Thanks for your help!

--Mav

--Mav

If this did fix it, then it probably is the best fix. Z controls the stacking order of layers, and something (may be one of your new layers is full screen?) was on top of 3D/2D button, thus preventing you from pressing it.

You could try moving your layers down, but moving buttons up is just as valid...

Good to know. Thanks Boris.

hey maverick, thanks, for your data.zip. It work perfectly.

But can you please post your sys.txt and tell me which fonts files your using. Because when i see the screens i have another screen view.

I thinks it is because i use the font files from the hack from kevin.

Do you use everything originally. So the original sys.txt and the original font files from Pioneer or others?

Thanks in advance.

I'm new to this. I love all of these customizable things and your mods. To start off simple, I only want make the clock more visible. I found the file for this that you listed, but I don't know how to open and edit that file. For us beginners, how do we do this?

Hello, this is my first post, and first off, I would like to say thank you for all the hard work you have put into this. The last version of your DATA.zip was excellent and I wanted to just change two things. Then you posted the newest version which fixed the 2D/3D button (which I don't use that much anyway), and it seems to have created other issues. I no longer can use the sowftware parking brake mod from the pioneer.ini that I had modfied (worked fine on the last version of your DATA.zip) and it does not let me keep the sound settings for the beeps. They keep resorting to full volume. It also seems like the "Map" and "Menu" hard buttons are very very "laggy" now. I love the look of the screen and want to keep it that way, but these slight issues render it almost unusable (especially the speed bypass and the loud beeps). Please let me know what your thoughts are. Thanks!

Hello, this is my first post, and first off, I would like to say thank you for all the hard work you have put into this. The last version of your DATA.zip was excellent and I wanted to just change two things. Then you posted the newest version which fixed the 2D/3D button (which I don't use that much anyway), and it seems to have created other issues. I no longer can use the sowftware parking brake mod from the pioneer.ini that I had modfied (worked fine on the last version of your DATA.zip) and it does not let me keep the sound settings for the beeps. They keep resorting to full volume. It also seems like the "Map" and "Menu" hard buttons are very very "laggy" now. I love the look of the screen and want to keep it that way, but these slight issues render it almost unusable (especially the speed bypass and the loud beeps). Please let me know what your thoughts are. Thanks!

The only thing I changed was to add a "z index" to the 2d/3d button in the navigatemap_800_480.ui file (to bring the 2D/3D button forward) and change the source of the altitude information (in the same file), so the only one of those issues that could possibly be related to my last change is "laggy" buttons. I haven't noticed that at all, though, so I'm not sure what to tell you about that. Is anyone else noticing the button lag? I'm certainly not, but who knows.

As for it breaking your software bypass, that's probably because I don't have the software bypass applied in my data.zip (I'm not gonna be held responsible for someone watching a DVD while driving and killing somebody), so if you applied my latest data.zip, it reset it back to the factory settings. If you want it, you'll have to re-do it.

As far as the button sound, again, I didn't do anything that could have caused a problem with that and I'm not having that problem at all. I have my button sound set pretty low and it's always right where I left it when I startup the car.

P.S. This is another way of saying that I think it's highly likely that these issues are being cause by something else you may have changed.

P.P.S. If you still think my last changes are causing your issues and you want to revert back to the version of the Data.zip I had just before my last set of changes, you can just go into the navigatemap_800_480.ui file and undo the changes. They're enumerated in painstaking detail in the last post of the previous page of this thread.

Hope that's at least kind of helpful.

Thanks again Maverickster. And thank you for the quick reply. I did re-do the parking brake mod (keeps the girlfriend entertained on long trips), but it does not work now. The buttons are very laggy. when I replaed the DATA.zip with the original from the 2.0 update, they went back to being usable. I wonder what is causing this? Also, I will keep working on the sound buttons not working properl;y. I am attempting to add speedcam functionality to your updates and am combining two DATA.ZIP files. I'm applying your mods individually so that they don't conflict with the others....

Anyway, I would love to change/swap the position of the 2d/3d button and the POI/End Nav button as I will use the end nav button and POI much more often. This is covered up when I use my iPod and the cover art is on top so I cannot "click" the POI/End Nav button when listening to music and navigating. How would you suggest I do this? is there a way to just raise the "Z axes" so that it is clickable when the album art is up?

BTW, the way you have it set up is the way Pioneer should have had this in the first place - this is SOOO much more user friendly. Great job. Thanks in advance!