AVIC411.com

Maverickster's Mods - UPDATED 12/9/08

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you're using my data.zip wholesale, the toggle button shouldn't be missing altogether. Are you in 2D or 3D?

--Mav

tried it on my 700bt the 2d button does nothing at all everything else works

Right, but the button is "there" right? It just doesn't work. Correct?

--Mav

that is correct tried it again got it to go 2d after pushing it quite a bit then would not go back to 3d the button changed to a 3d icon from 2d after repeated pushing got it to go back to 3d button changed to 2d now it doesnt work again
Well, if you're using my data.zip wholesale, the toggle button shouldn't be missing altogether. Are you in 2D or 3D?

--Mav

--Mav

that is correct

Thanks. Can you do me a favor and check whether the 2D and 3D options are both still "there" when you go into Navi Settings/Display Settings? Thanks a lot!

--Mav

Ok, I just took a little trip and tested this further.

I guess my issue may be different than others because I have also added some things from other data files.

I no longer have a 2D/3D button and the 2D option is not available in settings. I will go back and replace my data.zip with the last copy that I have.

--Mav

--Mav

that is correct

Thanks. Can you do me a favor and check whether the 2D and 3D options are both still "there" when you go into Navi Settings/Display Settings? Thanks a lot!

--Mav

when i go to nav settings under visual map settings i have elevation on street for 2d

--Mav

--Mav

that is correct

--Mav

when i go to nav settings under visual map settings i have elevation on street for 2d

Great. Thanks. Then it's probably not as huge of a fix as I was fearing. Carlsbad's post had me thinking I had inadvertently disabled the entire 2D feature and since nothing I did should have had that effect, I was, needless to say, concerned. Knowing his problem is isolated to him gives me comfort that it's probably just something in the navigatemap_800_480.ui file.

Thanks for your help (you too Carlsbad)!

--Mav

Awesome work. I added to my system this morning. I really like the larger clock and the street address feature. Speed feature is cool too.

The only feature that I could see to improve this would be the ability to touch the XM info bar (channel number, channel name) to cycle through artist and song title. Is this even possible?

Thanks again!

SPEEDO/ALTIMETER/ROUTE INFO MOD

Step 1: To remove the Map Scale, open up and search through the code of every file in the DATA/ui_pioneer/common/ui folder in the DATA.zip file. The following code should be changed as follows EVERYWHERE it appears:

Replace this:

map.ZOOMCONTROL_SHOW 1

with this

map.ZOOMCONTROL_SHOW 0

There is also one instance of this function in DATA/ui_pioneer/800_480/ui/scripts_800_480.ui

Also, it appears that people might be adding the code for the satellite strength info button and then immediately removing it when adding the route info upgrade, since your instructions say to completely replace the RouteInfoBackground function and the replacement doesn't include it. I suggest swapping these two posts, and having the satellite button addition after the RouteInfoBackground replacement. [Nevermind, it looks like it's built into the RouteInfoBackground function as well. Might want to note that for people who just want RouteInfo without the Satellite Strength button.]

Question though: What y-positions do you suggest if I wanted to keep the iPod cover art intact? Or would you suggest moving something to the opposite side?

Thanks for all the tips!

[Edit] Aww crap. I just realized I've been adjusting the old, pre-update DATA.zip. Time to do everything over again. I'll let you know if/how everything works.