AVIC411.com

Maverickster's Mods - UPDATED 12/9/08

Hey Mav,

Nice! Thank you for the hard work.

I was going to suggest everybody to post their mod scripts instead of the DATA.ZIP files. This is much easier to select what to mod and what not to mod. It normally take me hours to compare the differences between two DATA.ZIP files.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mav,

I was going to suggest everybody to post their mod scripts instead of the DATA.ZIP files. This is much easier to select what to mod and what not to mod. It normally take me hours to compare the differences between two DATA.ZIP files.

I had the same problem. That's exactly why I did it this way.

Incidentally, I was reading in a thread that is now several months old a suggestion that the Mods (as in Moderators) wanted hacks posted to individual "How To" threads. If a Mod would like to parse this thread into 5 separate "How To" threads (or if s/he would like me to do that), go ahead or let me know.

Thanks!

--Mav

Hey Mav,

I've posted this in earlier threads, "WinMerge" is a great/easy/free way to compare the diffreences in 2 txt files.

Can't help on a quick and easy way to compare the (Data.zip) files though. ?? Ol' Emanuel is all I've got.

Hey Mav,

I've posted this in earlier threads, "WinMerge" is a great/easy/free way to compare the diffreences in 2 txt files.

Can't help on a quick and easy way to compare the (Data.zip) files though. ?? Ol' Emanuel is all I've got.

Yeah, I've got DeltaView at work to do that part with...it's the "other changes" that can be problematic to chase down (and if you miss a random semi-colon in a random file somewhere it could not work). Thanks though. That's a good tip!

--Mav

GREEN/RED BUTTON MOD

Step 1: Add the following code to the navigatemap_800_480.ui file in the DATA/ui_pioneer/800_480/ui folder in the DATA.zip file right above the ";time" code:

;Navigation Start Stop

Step 2: Copy the attached bmps into the DATA/ui_pioneer/800_480/ui folder.

Your Y position may vary since this is based on my setup where everything has been moved down as a consequence of the bigger clock. You'll probably need to adjust accordingly.

Hey Mav,

What did I do wrong?

I put this script into my DATA.ZIP, run it.

It started without the green button.

Then after I put in a route, the green and red button show up overlapping.

Then if I press the button, it turn into red and the stop route show up.

If I press cancel in the stop routing screen, button became red.

If I press ok in the stop routing screen, all both buttons are gone again. :?:

GREEN/RED BUTTON MOD

Step 1: Add the following code to the navigatemap_800_480.ui file in the DATA/ui_pioneer/800_480/ui folder in the DATA.zip file right above the ";time" code:

;Navigation Start Stop

Step 2: Copy the attached bmps into the DATA/ui_pioneer/800_480/ui folder.

Your Y position may vary since this is based on my setup where everything has been moved down as a consequence of the bigger clock. You'll probably need to adjust accordingly.

Hey Mav,

What did I do wrong?

I put this script into my DATA.ZIP, run it.

It started without the green button.

Then after I put in a route, the green and red button show up overlapping.

Then if I press the button, it turn into red and the stop route show up.

If I press cancel in the stop routing screen, button became red.

If I press ok in the stop routing screen, all both buttons are gone again. :?:

Don't know. Works fine for me. Sounds like something is wrong with the "visible model" switch of the Green Button. The Red Button appears to we working correctly, so we'll leave that out of the discussion. Specifically, it sounds like you left off the "!" in the visiblemodel command for the green button. Here is what the green button code SHOULD look like:

Based on your description, it sounds like this is what yours looks like:

The first one is "right". The second one is not. Note the absence of the "!" in the visible model instruction in the second one. This "!" is significant. If it's NOT there, then it's telling the software to display the button when a route is active. If it is there, it's telling the software to display the button when the route is not active.

Failure to include the "!" where indicated would yield the results your describing. If it's not in there, then the buttons are telling the software to display no button when there is no route selected, but to display both buttons when the route is active.

If that's not it, then it might have something to do with the safety mode. Do you have the bypass (either software or hardware) enabled? If not, the green button might not work since it brings you to a keyboard screen and without the bypass enabled, that might be a problem. You may want to try playing with the safety mode. That is, in the code for the green button, change the very last command from 1 to 0. If that doesn't work, try removing the safety mode command altogether and see what happens.

Please take a look and advise.

--Mav

Don't know. Works fine for me. Sounds like something is wrong with the "visible model" switch of the Green Button. The Red Button appears to we working correctly, so we'll leave that out of the discussion. Specifically, it sounds like you left off the "!" in the visiblemodel command for the green button. Here is what the green button code SHOULD look like:

The first one is "right". The second one is not. Note the absence of the "!" in the visible model instruction in the second one. This "!" is significant. If it's NOT there, then it's telling the software to display the button when a route is active. If it is there, it's telling the software to display the button when the route is not active.

Failure to include the "!" where indicated would yield the results your describing. If it's not in there, then the buttons are telling the software to display no button when there is no route selected, but to display both buttons when the route is active.

If that's not it, then it might have something to do with the safety mode. Do you have the bypass (either software or hardware) enabled? If not, the green button might not work since it brings you to a keyboard screen and without the bypass enabled, that might be a problem. You may want to try playing with the safety mode. That is, in the code for the green button, change the very last command from 1 to 0. If that doesn't work, try removing the safety mode command altogether and see what happens.

--Mav

Actually, I just copied and pasted your script from the post. So I think the script should be ok but I will double check again.

I do have hardware bypass.

Can you tell me what is safety mode does? I tried to search but did not find any explanation, only saw them in sample scripts.

Thanks again, Mav.

--Mav

Actually, I just copied and pasted your script from the post. So I think the script should be ok but I will double check again.

I do have hardware bypass.

Can you tell me what is safety mode does? I tried to search but did not find any explanation, only saw them in sample scripts.

Thanks again, Mav.

Don't know. I think it is the flag that tells the software what it can and can't do when the car is in drive, but I don't know that for sure. But, if you have the hardware bypass, it shouldn't be relevant. Nevertheless, you might want to try it with it set to 0 and if that doesn't work then with that command removed altogether.

Also, I'd check the visible mode component again to make sure that's right since it seems an awful lot like that's the problem. If it's right (i.e. if there's an "!" for the green button and no "!" for the red button), then you might try replacing the visible mode component altogether. In the command for the Green Button, try replacing this:

visiblemodel="!navigation.has_route"

with this:

visiblemodel="!navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid"

This is how some others (most notably, Stephanie) have toggled buttons on/off based on whether or not a route is active, so it might also work if, for some reason, "navigation.has_route" is not working.

Like I said, this works for me just fine, so I'm not sure what the issue is. I have a AVIC-F900BT with the hardware bypass.

Please let me know how it turns out. Thanks!

Hey, first I want to thank Mav for the help getting my GPS button to work (thanks for the sprites man, that solved the problem).

Now I have a question to anyone that can answer me:

I am using linear compass with this code:

;compass

Can I put the detour function on this?

Thanks guys and gals!

Hey, first I want to thank Mav for the help getting my GPS button to work (thanks for the sprites man, that solved the problem).

Now I have a question to anyone that can answer me:

I am using linear compass with this code:

;compass

Can I put the detour function on this?

Thanks guys and gals!

Curious timing. I just answered that for another guy in Keeper's thread. I haven't tried it, but this should work:

;compass 

As I told the other guy, this might be overkill (i.e. you might just need to add the alternative sprite to the first one), but this should do it from a belts and suspenders perspective.

EDITED TO UPDATE TO CODE THAT JNEILAN CONFIRMS WORKS WITH LINEAR COMPASS.

SPEEDO/ALTIMETER/ROUTE INFO MOD

I tried to hide and unhide the route info box with

visiblemodel="navigation.has_route"

The result: it works on the background box and icons but not the numbers. Do the numbers also controlled by some other scripts?

You do think it is possible?

Hi Maverick,

Coudl you please post your data.zip. I am very interested in how your set-up looks like..

Thanks in advance.

x2... I would love to get a look at the whole setup. I am still trying to teach myself the scripting language and it helps to have visuals to go along with it. Much appreciated! 8)