AVIC411.com

Maverickster's Mods - UPDATED 12/9/08

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm the speed limit function constantly shows my current speed rather then the expected function...

i've used the latest data.zip posted with the only modifications being the moving of the nav mute button...

It will show your current speed only and not the current speed / speed limit, if there is no speed limit info then available to the system. It works for me on a AVIC-F900BT, but, of course, there could be lots of variables amongst models, I suppose. First, check to be sure your code is as follows, then go get on an interstate highway (which it ought to have speed limit info for) and see what happens.

;current speed (and speed limit where present) and altitude when not navigating 

;    

Have you tried to enable the speed limit monitoring bit in the Navi settings? If the foregoing doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you. I'll check into it though and report back if I find anything strange.

--Mav

i'll give it a look ...

of further note... when i change the SETTINGS.VISUAL.DISPLAY INFO from speed to speed limit.. it doesn't even change anything.. odd i must say.

That's not odd. That's the way it works. If you want to change the info in the Route Info box, you're gonna have to change the code. As for your speed limit issue, I think you're pretty clearly not in an area that has speed limit info available. I just hopped on the freeway again and it worked exactly the way it's supposed to. Go get on an interstate highway (where it should have speed limit info) and let me know if it still doesn't work. Thanks man!