AVIC411.com

Maverickster's Mods - UPDATED 12/9/08

SPEEDO/ALTIMETER/ROUTE INFO MOD

Step 1: To remove the Map Scale, open up and search through the code of every file in the DATA/ui_pioneer/common/ui folder in the DATA.zip file. The following code should be changed as follows EVERYWHERE it appears:

Replace this:

map.ZOOMCONTROL_SHOW 1

with this

map.ZOOMCONTROL_SHOW 0

There is also one instance of this function in DATA/ui_pioneer/800_480/ui/scripts_800_480.ui

Also, it appears that people might be adding the code for the satellite strength info button and then immediately removing it when adding the route info upgrade, since your instructions say to completely replace the RouteInfoBackground function and the replacement doesn't include it. I suggest swapping these two posts, and having the satellite button addition after the RouteInfoBackground replacement.

Question though: What y-positions do you suggest if I wanted to keep the iPod cover art intact? Or would you suggest moving something to the opposite side?

Thanks for all the tips!

[Edit] Aww crap. I just realized I've been adjusting the old, pre-update DATA.zip. Time to do everything over again. I'll let you know if/how everything works.

Good point. I altered the Speedo/Altimeter/Route Info Mod accordingly. Thanks. Incidentally, I'm not going to be able to check into the problem with the 2D/3D toggle button for a couple of days. If you have a moment, can you check into that and see if you can figure out what the issue is?

As for the iPod cover art issue, check up in this thread a couple of posts. Someone else came up with a workaround by moving one of the buttons over.

Thanks!

--Mav

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't gotten around to flashing in these excellent mods, but as to the above question about iPod art, according to the quote below has the current data.zip file already corrected this?

i've been messing with this and can't get seem to get it right...

i have a couple of criteria i'm trying to meet.

1. to not cover up/overlap iPod album cover art on the bottom of the x=720 axis

2. regular sized clock

3. replace GPS sat with Voice Mute Mod

; *** Voice guidance mute mod by Gert-Jan ***

; *** End Voice guidance mute mod ***

any help would be greatly appreciated

Peter, note that I've modified the zip file pretty dramatically in a manner that should better accomodate iPod coverart.

I haven't gotten around to flashing in these excellent mods, but as to the above question about iPod art, according to the quote below has the current data.zip file already corrected this?

i've been messing with this and can't get seem to get it right...

i have a couple of criteria i'm trying to meet.

1. to not cover up/overlap iPod album cover art on the bottom of the x=720 axis

2. regular sized clock

3. replace GPS sat with Voice Mute Mod

; *** Voice guidance mute mod by Gert-Jan ***

; *** End Voice guidance mute mod ***

any help would be greatly appreciated

Peter, note that I've modified the zip file pretty dramatically in a manner that should better accomodate iPod coverart.

No. The Data.zip linked to in the first post does NOT move anything around to accommodate iPod cover art (because my wife doesn't use an iPod and it's in her car). If you want the iPod cover art to show, you'll have to modify the location of a button or two. Some other contributors to this thread have done so and have posted pictures of the results. Read through their posts and you'll see what you can do.

--Mav

I have this data.zip file and everything works great.

The one problem I have is that my elevation shows up in miles (.4 miles, .5 miles, etc). How do I change this to feet like in your screens?

I'm using the exact same data.zip I posted and mine shows in feet (obviously). First thing I'd do is check to see that you have the correct setting in the Navi Settings/Regional Settings menu to display distances in feet. If you do, then the next thing I'd do is try to swap out the "navigation.current_altitude.full_text" code for the "gps.elevation" code as suggested here: http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19965

Please report back and let us know whether either of those work. Thanks!

Mav, I am stuck in a quandary... I REALLY like the look and usefulness of your GUI. But I really require the use of the traffic cam alerts.

I have tried desperately to combine the DATA.zip posted for the quick install with your DATA.zip and there must be something conflicting because the system hangs.

I then went and tried to manually enter your additions to the already built traffic cam DATA.zip and that didnt work either.

Could I possibly offer to make a donation to your cause in order to have you or someone else add the traffic cam abilities to YOUR DATA file?

T

here's my edited ui ...

this will move the nav mute button to accomadate for iPod album art

just inject into mav's data.zip

link

Thanks Parker,

Now for those illiterates out there (like me), where exactly would one 'inject' this. If using mav's stock data.zip, would it require any other changes or should I not use the stock data.zip with this?

Mav, I am stuck in a quandary... I REALLY like the look and usefulness of your GUI. But I really require the use of the traffic cam alerts.

I have tried desperately to combine the DATA.zip posted for the quick install with your DATA.zip and there must be something conflicting because the system hangs.

I then went and tried to manually enter your additions to the already built traffic cam DATA.zip and that didnt work either.

Could I possibly offer to make a donation to your cause in order to have you or someone else add the traffic cam abilities to YOUR DATA file?

T

I would suggest this sequence:

1. Get Mav's mod working.

2. Add speedcam datsa files and make sure system still works

3. Turn camera notifications in SYS.TXT on, check if it still works.

4. Grab setting.ui files form my Progress Report thread and check if it works with them.

If it doesn't we'll need to dig deeper.

here's my edited ui ...

this will move the nav mute button to accomadate for iPod album art

just inject into mav's data.zip

link

Thanks Parker,

Now for those illiterates out there (like me), where exactly would one 'inject' this. If using mav's stock data.zip, would it require any other changes or should I not use the stock data.zip with this?

He's saying to take that file he linked to and replace the navigatemap_800_480.ui file in the DATA/ui_pioneer/800_480/ui folder in my DATA.zip file with it.

Data.zip and first page worth of posts have been updated to resolve the following issues:

1. 2D/3D Toggle Button now works correctly. If you have used my Data.zip and subsequently made your own revisions such that you would prefer not to download a whole new Data.zip, all I did was add a Z index layer command that brought the button forward (i.e. "Z=3001") to both the 2D and the 3D button. If you prefer to cut and paste, in the navigatemap_800_480.ui file in the DATA/ui_pioneer/800_480/ui folder in the DATA.zip file, replace this:

;2D-3D Button

with this:

;2D-3D Button

2. Altimeter in lower left (when no route active) now shows elevation in feet, not miles. If you have used my Data.zip and subsequently made your own revisions such that you would prefer not to download a whole new Data.zip, all I did was change the "navigation.current_altitude.full_text" command to "gps.elevation". If you prefer to cut and paste, in the navigatemap_800_480.ui file in the DATA/ui_pioneer/800_480/ui folder in the DATA.zip file, replace this:

;current speed (and speed limit where present) and altitude when not navigating

;	

with this:

;current speed (and speed limit where present) and altitude when not navigating

;