AVIC411.com

Maverickster's Mods - UPDATED 12/9/08

Ok, here's the set of mods I've been working on. I was running Maverickster's mods for a long time with 2.0 and really liked them so I started trying to port them over to 3.0 after I upgraded. He still deserves 99% of the credit!

Here's what I've got in here:

1. Clock/Street Number Info - Identical to the original version on the first post in this thread, except it doesn't do house numbers anymore when you press it. I couldn't get it to work and never used it anyway so it's out of there.

2. Compass - Identical to the original version. Pressing while navigating brings up the itinerary.

3. Terminate Route / POI Select Button - Identical to the original version. When you're not navigating, it takes you directly to the POI search. When you are navigating, it terminates the route.

4. Navigation Mute / Address Select Button - Identical functionality to the original version except I moved it to the left side so that it doesn't interfere with iPod album art. When you're not navigating, it takes you directly to the navigate to address entry. When you are navigating, it functions as a nav voice mute/unmute button.

5. Speedo/Altimeter/Route Info - Identical functionality to the original version. I edited the image to get it back to showing three fields when you're navigating. The map scale has also been removed as in the original.

Additional mods:

6. I bumped the 3D tilt max up some to get it closer to what 2.0 gave you. It doesn't show the sky because I think that's a waste. If you need a picture of a mushroom cloud in the background, there's another thread for that.

7. I increased the distance at which you'll see street names on the 3D map. 3.0 only showed the very next street name for me. This will get you at least the next 3-4 in my experience.

I think that's it... I couldn't get the route info button centered vertically for some reason. Changing it's vertical position value did nothing for me. Maybe there's some other dependency I'm not aware of. If you know, please share! The Satellite Strength Icon is not in here. I prefer not to have it. This is a product of putting together different mods I've found on this forum. I'm no expert. This might not work for you. :)

Here's a ZIP file that contains testmode and a "My Flash Disk" folder structure that indicates where the files go. It'll make sense once you look at it. Copy both folders to the root of an SD card and boot with it in there. Use Explorer to copy the files. There's Data.zip that goes in the usual place. Duplicate your old one to back it up and then overwrite it with this one. This one file will get you all the mods except #7. If you also want the additional street names, you need to copy over the 4 ZIP files in the APL2/iGO/CONTENT/SCHEME folder. If you don't care, you can skip it. Hope this works for you!

I uploaded this ZIP file to Dropbox. I don't think there's a download limit but I'll check back and make sure it's still working after a while.

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/140453/fseries30mods.zip

post-26536-12872758173288_thumb.jpg

post-26536-12872758174694_thumb.jpg

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ulmer: Can I use this mod for 90BT and 3.01.

Looks great and yes I am an old user of Maverickster's Mods also. This is just enough.

Thanks

I have a 90BT but I'm using 3.0. I have no idea if it'll work for 3.01 but I can't imagine they've changed enough to break it. As long as you back up your old files, you can always roll back.

Just one more question. Does this MOD have the software bypass included (value changed to 256).

Thanks again.

No, it doesn't have the software bypass. I did the hardware bypass when I installed the unit. It's easy to add though if you look at the thread for the software bypass.

I go to that site and my virus scan detected a possible attack from the download site. Is it secure to ignore??

Thanx,

Bud

Dropbox is a popular service and I'd imagine that some people manage to place shared files on there that have viruses and get the site listed in these security applications from time to time. The link I posted is a direct link to the ZIP file. You should have no problem.

when i use the tilt feature, one press down, the arrow goes flying off the nav screen?

Hmm, I haven't noticed anything like that happen. The jump from full tilt to the next setting is fairly large, but everything stays centered. If you're adjusting this while moving, the map will typically stop panning and the arrow could very well go off the screen. Hitting the map button once should get you back.

I want to use these mod's I'm hesitant because it states nothing of them working on 3.01 i just updated to. Secondly, it would be my first attempt at modding...

anyone car to share their thoughts

The data zip posted by Mav will not work in 3.0 or above. Most of the mods listed in his zip should work if installed individually. YMMV

no mine worked in a 3.01

Are you telling us that Mav's zip as posted on page 1 installed fine on your unit with the complete 3.01 that includes the maps or the just the firmware?

I'm referring to the SD cards that were purchased from Pioneer that included the 8.3 version of IGO too.