AVIC411.com

What is the Major Difference??

Hey guys... Well my D2 just died and I am looking at buying an F series unit for my truck.

I see that there is 2 with DVD:

F90BT

F900BT

the 90 is listed as a Premier InDash.

What are the major differences between these units?

Both have Blue Tooth built in... So what extra's do I get?

I currently have XM Radio with my D2 and want to make sure that I have that with my new unit.

Any help would be great before I make this purchase.

Whit

with the F90 you get 4v preouts, and the 900bt you get 2.2 volt preouts, this means you get a better sound with the F90.

This is what i understand from it, it sends more power thus a better sound, i havnt personaly heard the diffrence, but i will be getting the F90, since i want the Ipod cable anyway, and more power

I could be wrong..but I THINK the extra rca pre out voltage from the F90 only makes a difference if you are using an aftermarket amp in your application. If you are using a wiring harness to simply hook up the F90 to your stock system, there will be no difference in sound between the F90 and F900..

I wonder how many times the same topic and question will be asked, over and over and over and over.

I swear use the search button in the upper left corner, I bet you find a few dozen times this stuff was asked since june.

I think the point is, contribute to this forum like its some sort of tech manual or do it yourself guide, if the guide repeats the same thing over and over again, and no one ever reads what was written, its starts to get a little redundant doesn't it?

Just my two cents, 4 volt pre outs, warranty and ipod cable is all the difference is between the 90 and the 900.

YOU PEOPLE ARE SO DUMB!!! stop saying its worth it just because of the ipod cable!!! DUDE THEIR ONLY $13 !!!!!! so dont base your purchase on that AND preouts .....ASK YOURSELF IF U NEED 4 PREOUTS(MOST PEOPLE WITH GOOD SYSTEMS ONLY NEED 2)!!! get your facts straight :x

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120343655449

Wow...heed your own advice. The f90 has 4v (VOLT) pre-amp outs which is a cleaner sound when running an amplifier. The f900 has 2.2v (VOLT) pre-amp outs. Both have 3 sets, front, rear and sub, controllable from the head unit. The only difference I saw when comparing them before I bought was the iPod cable, and the f900 still gives you nav while you're watching a movie, but the f90 doesn't. And instead of sending someone to Ebay, maybe give them a helpful link that compares both models side by side...

Comparison

Since when are there any differences in movie watching between 900 and 90?

People who want a real decent audio system, need at least 2 sets of line level preouts.

And Pioneer's own page lists differences quite well...

YOU PEOPLE ARE SO DUMB!!! stop saying its worth it just because of the ipod cable!!! DUDE THEIR ONLY $13 !!!!!! so dont base your purchase on that AND preouts .....ASK YOURSELF IF U NEED 4 PREOUTS(MOST PEOPLE WITH GOOD SYSTEMS ONLY NEED 2)!!! get your facts straight :x

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120343655449

Wow...heed your own advice. The f90 has 4v (VOLT) pre-amp outs which is a cleaner sound when running an amplifier. The f900 has 2.2v (VOLT) pre-amp outs. Both have 3 sets, front, rear and sub, controllable from the head unit. The only difference I saw when comparing them before I bought was the iPod cable, and the f900 still gives you nav while you're watching a movie, but the f90 doesn't. And instead of sending someone to Ebay, maybe give them a helpful link that compares both models side by side...

Comparison

plus (and i could be wrong) i BELIEVE that cable won't give you full ipod/avic functionality. the cable you need is the Pioneer CD-IU230V which i have not seen under 45 bucks.

Since when are there any differences in movie watching between 900 and 90?

People who want a real decent audio system, need at least 2 sets of line level preouts.

And Pioneer's own page lists differences quite well...

Dude...why does this keep coming up. Does anyone know the difference between 4v and 2.2v pre-outs? Here's a hint...it's not a quantity...jesus.