AVIC411.com

swi-ps programming problem

I've installed an avic-f90bt along with a PAC swi-ps in my Toyota FJ. I've followed the directions and still cannot get the box to program. I can go through the reset process just fine, just cannot program. When I start to program the first of nine commands, the light never comes back on after releasing the "Volume UP" button. It will finally flash 3 times and the 8 times.

I've called PAC and they want an electrical reading on the white wire with a digital volt meter. Has anyone experienced this issue?

I've installed an avic-f90bt along with a PAC swi-ps in my Toyota FJ. I've followed the directions and still cannot get the box to program. I can go through the reset process just fine, just cannot program. When I start to program the first of nine commands, the light never comes back on after releasing the "Volume UP" button. It will finally flash 3 times and the 8 times.

I've called PAC and they want an electrical reading on the white wire with a digital volt meter. Has anyone experienced this issue?

where did you connect the white wire?also what mode is the unit set to?have you fully cleared out the units preset memory?

Again as previously stated,95%of the problems are user and installer error,very rare that one of these is bad out the box.

I am having the same problem, I am going to try it with the engine on like mentioned.

PAC has told me that it means a bad ground wire, so I would check your wires carefully. In my case that is not the issue as I have tested it with a multi meter and it is grounded to my units ground which I know is good.

Their one tech support guy is more than willing to help. (Jose) another guy there was a joke, he gave me the wrong instructions and if I were an idiot would have completely screwed up my factory harness and PAC module. Be careful when talking to them that you are clear on all details. Use their website for specific vehicle instructions, not the instructions that came in the package.

I figured out my issue this morning. My connection to pin 7 wasn't making good contact. I rewired and sure enough, it worked. Looks like user error.

My experience with PAC has been pretty good. Every time I call, Eric answers in tech support. He is pretty helpful and gave some good suggestions.

Programming is finished and working as it should. Not all funtions work, knew this going into it, as the f90bt is not 100% compatible. There is delay with steering wheel buttons, again, I knew this before the install. I wish there was a product that worked like factory.

Case closed.