AVIC411.com

F Series Blue Tooth Phones That Work or Don't Work

i have the 700 bt that came with the 2.0 already installed. My phone is the sprint windows based treo. Everything works except the phone transfer. It only tranfers the same 7 numbers which were the numbers in my speed dial #'s. I erased the speed dial numbers and still the same 7 numbers. VR works fine for the numbers it transfers and works fine for dialing numbers i say. Also it did the freeze thing that only allowed the volume knob to work.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still trying to figure out why my blackberry 8330 has such a problem with the F700.. constantly connects, disconnects.. connect.. disconnect.. over and over. Works perfect with my personal phone.. dont get it. And it worked fine for a few weeks.. then this. Guess I'll start by re-loading the update from Pioneer and see if that changes anything.. I'm thinkin maybe got corrupt somehow? .. Any Idea's what to check on the crackberry?

it's the blackberry, mine would disable bluetooth randomly. eventually after enough times changing it, it will connect and stay connected as long as my 700 is on. i think it depends on if u connect the pioneer to the blackberry first or blackberry to the pioneer, i forgot the order that worked for me.

I have the F900BT with the 2.0 update, and just got a new Motorola Q9C from Verizon a month ago. Can get the ENTIRE phone book to transfer over ONLY if I have the persons firstname and lastname in that order..in the phones firstname field. (NOTHING in the last name field). Also, no special characters, spaces, dashes, etc. In short, I ended up simply manually editing the file on the PC.

The Q connects within a minute of booting up, but the phone itself then is non-responsive/EXTREMELY sluggish for about 4 minutes. After that, all works fine, exept once or twice a week the connection from the AVIC to the Q will just drop for no reason during the middle of a phone call.

I have the F700BT and the Q9C and it is something of a disaster. The phone book won't transfer, and the 700 locks up after I hang up (via phone or button). The only way that I can unlock the 700 is by turning off the phone. It seems that I have to break the bluetooth connection. The "red Button" hang up isn't an options because I never get that screen. I do with the Blackberry 9000.

Strange as hell.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

HTC Touch Pro works for the most part with F900BT. It connects and makes calls. Sometimes the HU is slow to respond to the changes, ie the call doesn't show up on the screen but is coming through the speakers. I've noticed that whenever the HU is under additional "stress"(bluetooth, SD card inserted) it gets really slow and at times have had to turn off ignition and restart.

LG shine does NOT work I tried 3 of these phones and all of them were scetchy. I have yet to do the bluetooth upgrade but figure the phones bluetooth is less then 1.0 and is too old attach to newer products. Its weird because it worked when I first got the unit but then it stopped working

Im going out and buying a keybo and hope it works

Brad :)

just got my LG keybo and it works peeeerfect! when I turn the car on it finds it right away

Doing more research the LG Shine has a problem with ts bluetooth and LG doesnt want to fix it, so it will NOT work with our units because the phone sucks lol (seriously I really liked the phone :( )

I have koodo (which is telus) but its gonna be the same for rogers/fido/bell/solo etc.

LG shine does NOT work I tried 3 of these phones and all of them were scetchy. I have yet to do the bluetooth upgrade but figure the phones bluetooth is less then 1.0 and is too old attach to newer products. Its weird because it worked when I first got the unit but then it stopped working

Im going out and buying a keybo and hope it works

I second this. I also have the LG Shine and it used to work great. Now, I can't get it to connect but once in a blue moon. Sometimes it will connect everytime I get in the car and other times I can't get it to connect at all. Sometimes when it's connected and working it will just disconnect at random. I cant figure out if it's the phone or the radio. I hope it's the phone. I am looking at getting a new phone soon. Hopefully one that will work.

F90BT and Motorola Q9C (runnning Windows Mobile 6.1) and HW100-SW330 RC3 Bluetooth Firmware

After many hours of troubleshoorting to get the F90BT onscreen controls and hands free bluetooth funcionality to work I thought I would post my findings here.

Problem:

I WAS able to pair the Q9C by simply searching for my device but I could not get the onscreen volume controls to appear and the BT would hang after ending/disconnecting a call preventing me from using voice command or make another call (until I turned BT off then back on)

Solution Step 1

I found that if I selected the Samsung A9xx device to connect to my phone I could get the onscreen controls to appear but hands free was not working

Solution Step 2

On the phone under bluetooth settings / hands-free I highlighted my Pioneer Navi paired device and pressed Connect and now the onscreen controls and hands-free are functioning as expected and the BT no longer

hangs.

I've whined about my ATT Tilt having issues on a few thrread (maybe even this one). It connected fine and transferred the phone book over but I had the 2 problems where I couldn't voice dial by name and it wouldn't ring so I didn't know when someone answered. My contacts came from my corporate Exchange email through Outlook but when I deleted them from the phone and manually entered them voice dialing worked (wasn't too bad I don't have many friends :( )

A couple of days ago I got a Samsung Saga (i770) from my work and it worked much better, paired fine, could hear it ring, better performance but still no voice dialing. I followed the instruction for editing the phonebook db and noticed that most of the numbers had a "*" in front of them. I removed all of them as well as the area code info for local numbers and now it works perfectly (probably would have fixed that issue with the Tilt also)!!

Anyway the Samsung Saga works great and it's a pretty cool phone as well.