AVIC411.com

HOW TO: US Speed & Elevation Road Signs

Yup, post a pic. When I called you a genius, I meant that I didn't think it was that easy to end up with icon on icon LOL!

here are the pictures.

had to take them side ways it's dark outside and the glare from the flash was horrible. these were actually taken with a 10 MP camera. no clue why they are so blurry ;(

you can totally see the white behind though where those are the new signs. they look bad ass but QQ they are overlapping :(

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't make anything out, your pics are awful: try taking some more in daylight, in the meantime I'll think about what may be causing your prob

take a look at his original picture taht he posted. now imagine the factory stuff is disaplyed on top of that in the lower left hand side. that's what I have going on.

I'd totally be down with taking pictures tomorrow though it's kinda windy and rainy here atm :(

Thanks for all your help

phil

I added the code at the very bottom. the modded code is only called on once cause the speed limit only shows up once. but the facory settings are still showing

I think you need to set the visiblemodel on the factory stuff to not show when there is no route active so that only the speed limit is displayed.

I dont have the code in front of me but if you look in Mavericksters (I think that's his name!) thread you can see the code you need to change, look at the bit where he adds the speed limit and elevation to the bottom left.

I added the code at the very bottom. the modded code is only called on once cause the speed limit only shows up once. but the facory settings are still showing

I think you need to set the visiblemodel on the factory stuff to not show when there is no route active so that only the speed limit is displayed.

I dont have the code in front of me but if you look in Mavericksters (I think that's his name!) thread you can see the code you need to change, look at the bit where he adds the speed limit and elevation to the bottom left.

I'll try that tonight when I get home from work thanks a bunch.

Phil

Hi Folks,

You just made me realize I did forget to mention that you need to remove the Route Info display when not navigating. Yes, I started with Mavericksters mod which already took care of this.

Find the layer called in the STOCK navigatemap_800_400.ui and replace it with this:

If you want to keep the Route Info display, then you'll need to move the X/Y coordinates of the speed limit and/or elevation graphics to an open portion of the screen from the coordinates I used.

Sorry about that.

Let me know if that helps.

this only works half for me.

it takes away the small icons, the background and some info, but it leaves 0000 on the first and second line.

also the scale keeps on screen. how do I lose that?

Hi Folks,

You just made me realize I did forget to mention that you need to remove the Route Info display when not navigating. Yes, I started with Mavericksters mod which already took care of this.

Find the layer called in the STOCK navigatemap_800_400.ui and replace it with this:

If you want to keep the Route Info display, then you'll need to move the X/Y coordinates of the speed limit and/or elevation graphics to an open portion of the screen from the coordinates I used.

Sorry about that.

Let me know if that helps.

this only works half for me.

it takes away the small icons, the background and some info, but it leaves 0000 on the first and second line.

also the scale keeps on screen. how do I lose that?

The speed limit sign shows up and it seems to be trakcing the speed limit. Also Elevation shows up. NICE !!!

But the numbers from the factory stuff is still there?

How do I get rid of that ??

Thanks

Phil

bump for an answer i've been working on this for a couple hours now...

i've done all the steps correctly this is the first mod i've running into problems with..

the speed and elevation mod works great but just like everyone else here i'm getting the old map route info in behind... i tried copying what you wrote that didn't work... I tried going to mavericks site and copying that over and placing you speed code at the end of that layer in replace of his speed codes and that didn't somebody help us out here...