AVIC411.com

HOW TO: US Speed & Elevation Road Signs

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

About 5 posts up from this one he answers the double display situation, read the thread. He used a previous mod (Mavs) which had those already disabled, then he gives instructions for turning them off. Seriously, 5 or 6 posts above this one is the answer.
which only works half... :wink:
About 5 posts up from this one he answers the double display situation, read the thread. He used a previous mod (Mavs) which had those already disabled, then he gives instructions for turning them off. Seriously, 5 or 6 posts above this one is the answer.

and doesn't clear them all... i think a mod should edit the first post and clear this up that way people don't have to go thru 4 pages and still find a wrong answer...

this is a really cool mod and i'm sure people are going to way a good DIY for it and like most of us on here we not computer programers! bump for the code that clears them all!

Sorry if I didnt post correct info. I started with an early version of Mav's mods. I could post my full DATA.ZIP but then you wouldnt have all of Mav's mods.

Here is the entire layer which removes the ROUTE INFO display when not navigating and also adds the Speed Limit, Elevation and Your Speed displays.

If this works, I will fix the first post and remove the incorrect data posted later on.

; start hidden

hide

;end hidden

;Speed limit

;Elevation

;Your Speed

To remove the Map Scale, open up and search through the code of every file in the DATA/ui_pioneer/common/ui folder in the DATA.zip file. The following code should be changed as follows EVERYWHERE it appears. From the best I can tell, this is in navigatemap.ui [and] browsemap.ui:

Replace this:

Code:

map.ZOOMCONTROL_SHOW 1

with this

Code:

map.ZOOMCONTROL_SHOW 0

Sorry if I didnt post correct info. I started with an early version of Mav's mods. I could post my full DATA.ZIP but then you wouldnt have all of Mav's mods.

Here is the entire layer which removes the ROUTE INFO display when not navigating and also adds the Speed Limit, Elevation and Your Speed displays.

If this works, I will fix the first post and remove the incorrect data posted later on.

To remove the Map Scale, open up and search through the code of every file in the DATA/ui_pioneer/common/ui folder in the DATA.zip file. The following code should be changed as follows EVERYWHERE it appears. From the best I can tell, this is in navigatemap.ui [and] browsemap.ui:

Replace this:

Code:

map.ZOOMCONTROL_SHOW 1

with this

Code:

map.ZOOMCONTROL_SHOW 0

no apologies you've been a huge help in my whole programming thing here just to clarify for the replacing section:

Code:

map.ZOOMCONTROL_SHOW 1

with this

Code:

map.ZOOMCONTROL_SHOW 0

there's only 2 files that contain the "map.ZOOMCONTROL_SHOW 1"under the ui_pioneer->common->ui

they are:

-browsemap (1 code to replace)

-navigatemap (2 codes to replace)

I just went through them all to save you some time for you guys i also just copied over you new coding section to remove the map source i'm going to go check it now and i'll update the info... thanks again

oh guys please help me on this one :cry:

I've made like 11 attempts, but none of them works out the correct way.

This is the original code:

;
;	
;	
;	
;		
;	
;	
;	
;	
;	
;						         
;	
;	
;
;	

(off course without all the ; )

The problem is that all of your scripts seemed to be based on non-stock scripts, which makes it more difficult to discriminate the 'wrong' code to me.

In the code displayed in previous posts, the third line of the info box is the speed. In my stock code it is the remaining time to arrival. I want the stock info box unchanged, just have it removed when not navigating (it is a very very VERY useless piece of screen blockage)

help? :oops:

paQ,

I see what you are saying... You are correct, the code I provided to remove the ROUTE INFO display when no route is selected, has the unintended side effect of forcing you to display distance_to_destination, time_to_destination and current_speed when a route IS selected.

The stock code seems to pick up variable set in the AVIC UI so that it can be changed by the UI.

If I was better at coding this stuff I would know a simple way to just turn off the ROUTE INFO display when no route is selected and keep it unchanged when a route IS selected. The sample code I used doesnt really do this. I will see if I can find out how to do what we all want. That is to only turn off the ROUTE INFO display, when no route is selected.

Sorry about all this folks.

paQ,

I see what you are saying... You are correct, the code I provided to remove the ROUTE INFO display when no route is selected, has the unintended side effect of forcing you to display distance_to_destination, time_to_destination and current_speed when a route IS selected.

The stock code seems to pick up variable set in the AVIC UI so that it can be changed by the UI.

If I was better at coding this stuff I would know a simple way to just turn off the ROUTE INFO display when no route is selected and keep it unchanged when a route IS selected. The sample code I used doesnt really do this. I will see if I can find out how to do what we all want. That is to only turn off the ROUTE INFO display, when no route is selected.

I tried just replacing the spots where Mav called out the info to be displayed, with

instead of

but that didn't work. i asked Mav if he could help in another thread and Frumroll said he solved this, but without having all of mav's mods. I read through his thread since it was his own way of removing the route info box but i can't combine the 2 threads. i am posted a link to that forum, and maybe someone could figure it out http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21865. i have been trying to do this for a while with no luck

paQ,

in this forum i also asked this question about the route info box and couldn't find an answer http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... c&start=15. the first response from mav was this: As for the settings on the route info box, that's a byproduct of the somewhat lazy way that code is written. I effectively "hardwired" the three pieces of info I'm interested in. Since I would personally never want to change it, there's no "toggle" function in the code in my data.zip.

Having said that, with a little time and effort, you could probably figure out how to revise the code to re-enable the traditional way of changing the content (i.e. through the settings menu) or even better (and frankly, this may be easier to code), rework that section to make each of the three content fields in the box toggle between 2 or 3 different pieces of information apiece by simply pressing that field.

As I indicated above, I'm not really interested in setting mine up that way, so I'm not really interested in going through that process, but if you take a look at the code for the route info box (and the code immediately adjacent to it that is commented out), you should be able to figure out a way to get this to work. Also, there are some bits of code and helpful tips from both Stephanie and Vorian which would be helpful in this regard.

Good luck!

--Mav

then Frumroll replied with this: I've posted a solution that solves this, the link is in my signature. However it doesn't have any of mav's mods so it won't be a simple copy paste of the data.zip file. You will actually have to edit the individual .ui files to make it work, not sure how much experience you have coding but it's definitely possible.

Hope this helps because i would like to have different info in the route info box

It still remains one of the coolest additions to this unit. Too bad I can't mess around in the code, I am CERTAIN I would screw it up!

If anyone adds these features to Mavs fully modded data.zip (which I can install and like very much) I would appreciate getting a copy. Thanks again to the OP.

oh guys please help me on this one :cry:

I've made like 11 attempts, but none of them works out the correct way.

The problem is that all of your scripts seemed to be based on non-stock scripts, which makes it more difficult to discriminate the 'wrong' code to me.

In the code displayed in previous posts, the third line of the info box is the speed. In my stock code it is the remaining time to arrival. I want the stock info box unchanged, just have it removed when not navigating (it is a very very VERY useless piece of screen blockage)

help? :oops:

I have a mod where the route info box displays the info set in the menu when you have a route and it doesn't show that info when I'm not in a route. You are right the hard part is getting that info to disappear as there are a couple of scripts that deal with hiding and showing this info that need to be changed.

I have attached my versions of the those scripts so you can see what I did. If you were feeling brave (if you haven't changed these scripts already) then you could overwrite your versions in data.zip\ui_pioneer\common\ui with mine. I'd be pretty confident doing that would stop the data from showing when not in a route.

To stop the icons from showing you need the following code:

To get rid of the box itself you need

Both of these code changes would be in ui_pioneer\800_480\ui\navigatemap_800_480.ui

Hope this helps!

Matt.

Scripts.zip

Hope this helps!

Matt.

If this does what I think it =does it would be awesome, because I;m almost starting to cry that I can't get it working hehehe

OK.

So the script and the codes above make a button in the menu saying "to h*ll with the info box when not navigating"

right?