AVIC411.com

3D Building and Quicklaunch Button How-To

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I followed the instructions as provided and it appears to be working? I was driving around a newer subdivision and no buildings showed up. I suspect once I go more into the city (Dallas) the buildings will show. A couple of questions in the meantime, one, there seems to be a lag in time when I turn corners. It takes a few seconds to reflect the new turn/direction. Second, I saw on someone's post pictures of icons of grocery stores, etc. I did not see any. Should I? Finally, when I copied the files, should I have unzipped them on my computer and then copied, or just copy the actual zip file. Thanks!!

I installed my f700bt last night and this morning put the mod for the US speed limits and "your speed" mods together... nice. I later did this mod and found that it overwrote the mod that I had put together previously put together (because data.zip was over written).

I really want the 3D buildings, so I'll use this as my default. I'd like to make a couple modifications and am looking for some guidance.

First, I want to remove all buttons from the left side of the screen. Where are all of those set at? I'll just comment the code to remove it. This will allow me to put the speed zone stuff back in place in that location and give me a little more map space while taking away a little clutter.

Second, how do I set the default voice volume to mute? I don't mind being able to turn it back on, but I don't want the default volume on at all.

Thanks!

How would I apply just the 3D buildings to my F90?

I am using Mav's mods along with Boris' speedcam mods and bigger .bmp window (I love you guys :)) and I want to leave the mods as is but just bring up the 3D buildings. I am in the L.A. area and these would be nice when I go into the city.

Thanx!

Bud :D

How would I apply just the 3D buildings to my F90?

I am using Mav's mods along with Boris' speedcam mods and bigger .bmp window (I love you guys :)) and I want to leave the mods as is but just bring up the 3D buildings. I am in the L.A. area and these would be nice when I go into the city.

Thanx!

Bud :D

search and youll find

Well... I was so appreciative of this very topic plus the help of my friend Robb, that I wanted to see if I could help out with screen shots of what lobelsteve posted about

First - Prep SD Card with hacked files

- Start with a fresh FAT formatted SD card

- Take the contents of the first downloadable file and put it into a folder "Copy 1st" on the root of the SD card (you don't actually have to, but it helps keep it organized)

- Additionally (not shown in following screenshot), grab "Branding.zip" and add it to this "Copy 1st" folder, leave the zip file intact like "Data.zip" is

2zp0cd4.jpg

- Take the license file in the second download and put it into a "Copy 2nd" folder on the SD root

4hw9li.jpg

- Take the files for the buildings and put them in a "Copy 3rd" folder on the SD Root

11r5emr.jpg

Second - Get and unzip Testmode file

- Download "testmode.zip" (in this topic it's the link right under the text "To enter Testmode, follow these instructions"). Unzip the contents of this file right into the root of the SD card

302yvfb.jpg

The SD card will now have the structure of this

1zoj49d.jpg

Third - Boot into Windows CE

- Out to your car! Insert the SD card with the car off, then turn the car on (people have been posted "start the car", no need, just get the radio to turn on).... Your splash screen should come on, then black out, then eventually come up to this screen with says "Copy" in the top left

54616e.jpg

Click the "X" in the top right corner to get to the desktop of Windows CE (it's MUCH easier using something plastic and pointy for the remaining steps)

111uyxi.jpg

Fourth - Copy all files

- Double click the "My Device" icon twice to get into the storage areas (in this screenshot, i switched mode to "Detailed" view)

2rol5df.jpg

- Navigate into the "Storage Card" folder, then the "Copy 1st" folder (EZrider.exe, DATA.ZIP, FINALNEW, FINALOLD, SYS.TXT, TAHOMA1, and Branding.zip if you got that), and click "Edit" / "Select All" to select all the files, then "Edit" and "Copy" to get these into the clipboard

- Hit the "Up Folder" icon a few times to get back to all the storage areas, and navigate into "My Flash Disk/APL2/iGo"

- Click "Edit" on the top, then "Paste" and say "Yes to All" to copy the files into that folder

- Repeat the above except copying the contents of "Storage Card/Copy 2nd" into "My Flash Disk/APL2/iGo/License"

- Repeat one more time copying the contents of "Storage Card/Copy 3rd" into "My Flash Disk/APL2/iGo/Content/Buildings"

20zr12e.jpg

Fifth - Enjoy!

- Remove SD card, turn off car, turn back on and enjoy your new features!

2gu08d2.jpg

I'm absolutely ecstatic that I can see the clock in Map mode now..... the whole process took less than 10 mins

Thanks to "lobelsteve" for this topic... hope this helps make it even easier to understand