AVIC411.com

Wiring help here if you need it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey punisher,

Sorry to hear about your job, but thanks for offering to help with questions. I've got a 2000 Toyota MR2 spyder and I need to locate the VSS wire, as well as the Reverse wire in order to hook my new F-90bt up correctly.

Thanks in advance

- Jerros.

wow thanks for finding all that info out for me. after hearing all that i might not even hook the vss wire up. i dont think its worth the hassle. if i lose reception from the gps ill just deal until i get it back. i never go anywhere that it shoudl be super important. i do have one more question for you tho...my ss has onstar and the pioneer premium sound system, i picked up the gmos lan 04 harness. this is what i was told i needed for this car. can you confirm this? it says 06 and up gm.

OK, the Colbalt with BOSE should be a GMOSLAN04. The GMOS04 is the for the class II data bus on GM 03-07ish. you can pull the radio and look at the harness and if it does not look like the one you have (GMOS04) then go exchange it for the LAN04. The LAN04 and the OS04 look different. More than likely the LAN will be more money. At Circuit we sold the GMOS04 for 99.99 and the LAN04 was 249.99! I think the prices went up on it too. anyway, thats the deal. any car stereo shop should be able to tell you 100% what you need buy looking at you car manufacture date and looking it up. But what I have listed for you car is GMOSLAN04. (08 colbalt with BOSE)

OK, I have lost 1 of my 3 databases. and the other 2 dont list a Reverse wire for your truck. SOOOOOOO, i would eithe cruse the Internet to find it OR the much faster way would be to install the cam and when you run the wire down one side stop when you get the corner tail light, pull out the light assembly (which should be cake) find the back up bulb, grab the reverse wire from there and run it with the cam video and power wire to the radio. it should only take a few mins extra. the only thing is you will need a way of testing the 2 wires that are there. one stays ground all the time and one switches to 12volts when the truck is in reverse to light the bulb.

Sorry, but I just dont have the listing for that wire right now. If you need any help checking it or any questions just hit me back.

E

e40, I have kind of a dumb question,but I haven't put in a car stereo in 30 years. I am looking at putting a f90bt in a 2006 silverado without bose and without onstar. I do have steering wheel controls. I know I need the pac swi-ps for steering wheel control. I also need the pac cr2-gm24 for factory chimes. My dumb question is this, Do I wire in the 2 harnesses , plug in the f90 to the cr2 not connect speaker outs , run the pre-amps to amp, then from amp to speakers?

Tom

Ummmmm, I think so. It sounds right. It does not say you have amps. Im assuming you do so yes. I have not used that harness so as long as it makes its own door chime in the harness module you should be good to go. If it is like the metra one that routes the chime through the speaker then no!

If this does not help or if your confused then PM me and ill review all your parts and go from there.

E

Tell me what part number you ordered. Most all give you the VSS and E-brake in the wiring harness. I use the metra GMOS01 and it does the data conversion and gives reverse/VSS/E-brake all in the plug behind the radio.

if not then the

VSS is GREEN/BLACK AT PCM. PCM IS IN THE FRONT LEFT OF ENGINE COMPARTMENT.

E-BRAKE IS LIGHT BLUE ANT THE FOOT BRAKE (E-BRAKE) SWITCH. IT SHOULD BE ATTACHED TO THE TOP BACK OF THE BRAKE ASSEMBLY.

E

I wasn't clear in my earlier post, I will be adding an amp and speakers at the same time as the pioneer(no amp in truck now). Do I still need the same chime adapter, then wire preamps to amp , not connect factory speaker harness to new headunit, and just run new speaker wires from new amp?

Tom

From what I read on the PAC CR2-GM24 is that it makes the chime from its own little box, which is good for you. just hook it up as it says. Just yellow, red, black, and then do not connect the speakers out from the radio. Tape them up. Run the remote and RCAs and hook up the 4CH amp output to the car side of the of the speakers. so the amp plays its output into the car side of the wiring harness and it will go out to all the speakers. Just make sure the radio outputs are NOWHERE in the loop or you will burn out the radios output stage and it will smoke.

Sounds like you know whats up.

Hit me back if you have any other questions.

E