AVIC411.com

amp control dead-on-arrival AVIC-f500bt ??? help pls.

I have hook up my AVIC-f500bt with my factory JBL amp on a Toyo Camry. I have switch the menu setting on the unit to output pre-out, instead of built-in. However, there is no sound that come out. I am certain its the blue/white AMP CONTROL wire that is not giving correct voltage. It has only 0.18v during operation. I have tested it if i purposely give it 12v to the Camry AMP control wire, then sound would come out fine. Is there any special setting on the AVIC-f500bt that control this AMP blue/white wire? I am thinking that perhaps one of the file has been corrupted. Or if you have any suggestion for debug, i deeply appreciate it. thanks for reading.

you should be using a harness that has rca's on it instead of the common speaker leads. for example the scosche ta07r harness. I just did one with this harness and the jbl synthesis system and it was cake. And no it's not a good idea to amp. a amp. signal. You'll probably blow everything in your car that way.

i have 2 concern that needs clarification.

1)Originally i thought the F500bt blue/white wire is 12v output to external amp. but after some thought, it looks like its input wire, awaiting the external amp to call the F500bt to wake up. anyone know?

2) I just placed an order for the ND-G500 amplifier today. But i have the following concern, the OwnersManual specify the hook up to both the F500bt GPS, as well to a already-exist factory radio. But i want to skip the factory radio. I want direct control from my F500bt GPS only. Has anyone own the unit that can give me assurance? thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished the installation of the F500BT and ND-G500 combo, and here is my observations:

1) the F500BT remote control wire (blue/white) is normally give out .2v, but the ND-G500 remote wire (blue/white) give out 7.3v. When your connect them during operation, it drive down the voltage to 0.2v. so therefore, this (Blue/white) is active_low during operation. low voltage tells the ND-G500 to turn-on. This is contrary to a typical headunit-amplifier setup. The headunits give out 12v to tell the amplifier to turn-on. (active-high). I think i know why Pioneer wants to do it this way, and its because the F500Bt is not running on a 12v setup. Its 5V thru the cigarette lighter adaptor which has a transformer within. so therefore, its not possible for it to drive 12v. so instead, they drive low. In short, you stuck with the ND-G500 setup as the only choice, which is decent but not so powerful amplifier.

2) my setup does not include the factory radio. so that extra wires from the ND-G500 that is suppose to connect to factory radio is only optional.

The f500bt isn't really a head-end. I guess it's kinda in limbo between a head-end and a nav. system with a bunch of features. Anyway, once I stopped thinking of it as a head-end device and (most importantly) added the amp, it all came together. Have no fear, once you get it dialed it kicks ass.

Is there any way, using a relay or something, to make this wire trigger a +12v signal, like say, for a cell phone mute or external amp?

i think that can be done with a relay. but it discourage me to do so in my setup because when i tie the 12v to my amp to trigger input, i had too much noise interference, perhaps of different ground, or ground loop isolation problem ??? anyway, i just gave up. because i figure that the ND-G500 amp would not have this type of problem 'cause its design by Pioneer to match with the f500bt and its cheap.

The f500bt isn't really a head-end. I guess it's kinda in limbo between a head-end and a nav. system with a bunch of features. Anyway, once I stopped thinking of it as a head-end device and (most importantly) added the amp, it all came together. Have no fear, once you get it dialed it kicks ass.

The f500bt isn't a head-unit, but has many feature thats comparable to a head-unit. It can play DIVX video, and plays MP3, WMA music, has bluetooth, and have option for a backup camera. I purchased both f500bt+ND_G500(6th Ave)+backup camera(ebay) for $270 total. And if you are careful to install into the double-din opening, it will look just like a headunit. I custom made some bracket, and use velcro to hold it in place. It looks descent and clean. In addition, you can remove it just like a faceplate when you park in a bad neighborhood.

The sound quality is however just middle grade. This setup is lowcost solution that i put in my wife's car. For myself, i have the f700BT setup. The sound for the f700bt is high quality, which i mate it with an Momo amp/Infinity Kappa speaker nicely. Other than the low cost factor for the f500bt, i would actually recommend f700bt to anyone.